alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Which HBB? Affix, TurboBooster or something else?

We need to have an emergency booster around for my oldest. We have him harnessed in a Frontier or Radian in our cars, but if he goes with my SIL, she needs a seat and I'm comfortable with him in a booster at his age and size.

Which booster is the easiest to use and most comfortable? I like the latch with the Affix so the seat doesn't slide around but I don't know how important that is.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post
    We need to have an emergency booster around for my oldest. We have him harnessed in a Frontier or Radian in our cars, but if he goes with my SIL, she needs a seat and I'm comfortable with him in a booster at his age and size.

Which booster is the easiest to use and most comfortable? I like the latch with the Affix so the seat doesn't slide around but I don't know how important that is.
    We have a Britax parkway, Graco Affix and Graco Turbobooster. We like the Affix and Parkway best for daily use - my DD (6) says they are both comfortable and we like that they latch in and don't slide around. But for carpool we use the turbo booster bc it is so much faster to get in and out. Much cheaper too. We didn't like it for daily use though bc DD had a harder time buckling it bc it would slide over the buckle sometimes. HTH!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD1 uses an affix daily and we love it.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Which HBB? Affix, TurboBooster or something else?

We have highback turbo boosters and they fine for everyday around town use and I have never had an issue with them sliding around (and I drive in stop n go traffic a lot). Dd1 says that the Harmony Cruz is slightly more comfortable so I might add the Harmony Dreamtime high back to your list. For longer trips DD1 does still prefer the Frontier as a hbb, but for what you need it for the regular tb should be okay.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I like the Big Kid Amp. Doesn't LATCH, but I've never had mine slide around, either. It doesn't fall apart when you move it from car to car (Turbo and Affix are held together with open hinges, when the bottom swings down when you pick up the top, boom, separation). Plus it makes a really awesome backless booster for much bigger kiddos.

A word of warning, all these will feel flimsy and terrifying compared to what you are used to (giant rock solid seats that don't bend and flex with your vehicle seatback), but it won't be long before it seems normal
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I should probably qualify that when I said our Turbobooster slide around, it isn't while I'm driving! No problem there- but it often shifts when when DD get in and out of the car. I have an older Honda pilot with seatbelt buckles that are floppy and can get stuck under the booster which is what makes it such a pain when it moves.