Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AG @ Costco

Quote Originally Posted by JanBaby View Post
    DD wants the white Westie "Coconut" for Christmas. If someone happens to check the pet sets could you post the options? Thank you!
    At Costco, the pet sets I saw were a new style (not the named ones like Coconut). However, at our local Homegoods, I saw some of the older style pet sets- Pepper, Meatloaf, and the cat Licorice. Other locations may have Coconut?
    Cleo
    Proud mom of DD, age 11

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I made it back to Costco today and they really have a nice AG selection. There are several mini dolls with the matching book sets for $40. I saw Kaya, Samantha, Julia and Kit for sure. They also have a spa, a boutique and a diner for $47.

There were also Madame Alexander 18 dolls for $30. They are dressed in rain gear. Very cute as well.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The dogs I saw had no names.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    I made it back to Costco today and they really have a nice AG selection. There are several mini dolls with the matching book sets for $40. I saw Kaya, Samantha, Julia and Kit for sure. They also have a spa, a boutique and a diner for $47.

There were also Madame Alexander 18 dolls for $30. They are dressed in rain gear. Very cute as well.
    Their prices are too high. I know it is cheaper than Ameriican Girl, but honestly I was shocked when I saw the jump the sets have taken over the past few years. But I am noticing higher prices across the board at Costco for quite a few products.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sunday, my girls were given the Border Collie and Terrier sets from a friend for their birthday. My initial thought before was these were overpriced BUT they have played with these more than anything else they got for their birthday. The dogs are posable, which is I think why they are enjoying them so much (are the older pets this way?). The books that came with them are really very cute and they have been giggling over them a lot. they include facts about the breed, quizzes, name lists, crafts, ideas for play, etc. Also, the little cardboard houses for coloring were very cute. Along with the magnetic toys and food bowls, I am coming around to the idea of $30 for what I initially thought was a beanie baby. As always, AG draws us in with the BOOKS going along with the toys. As a writer and lover of stories, they get me every time.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBaby View Post
    The dogs I saw had no names.
    Most don't any more: http://store.americangirl.com/agshop...id/183/uid/267
    Kris

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Sunday, my girls were given the Border Collie and Terrier sets from a friend for their birthday. My initial thought before was these were overpriced BUT they have played with these more than anything else they got for their birthday. The dogs are posable, which is I think why they are enjoying them so much (are the older pets this way?). The books that came with them are really very cute and they have been giggling over them a lot. they include facts about the breed, quizzes, name lists, crafts, ideas for play, etc. Also, the little cardboard houses for coloring were very cute. Along with the magnetic toys and food bowls, I am coming around to the idea of $30 for what I initially thought was a beanie baby. As always, AG draws us in with the BOOKS going along with the toys. As a writer and lover of stories, they get me every time.
    The dog DD has is a hard body and not posable. I think the newer ones sound much nicer to play with!
    Kris

JanBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Melanie - were these from the AG store or Costco? Thanks!
    DD 1/2009
    DS 12/2011

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister just bought a couple of the dogs for her nieces for Xmas. She bought the Pomeranian but they had a border collie and a little terrier (looked like a Jack Russel terrier maybe?). They had a spa set and a café and store I think. The prices seemed pretty good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2