Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    I don't usually get it, but this is at the local United. Butter was $5.25/lb for regular, non-organic!
    Everyone loves United, but I think they are overpriced. They ran Albertsons out of town in Lubbock. Thankfully United hasn't caught on here in the Austin area.

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our milk prices are around 3.50-3.99. I go through 4 gallons per week. 2 skim and 2 2%. We have 1 adult (I don't drink milk) 1 teenager and 2 toddlers. One DD can drink a gallon by herself in 1 week. We have milk with every meal.

Our price just went up to $6.79 a gallon for store brand Organic. Yikes!

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Random aside- does that Costco milk still come in that container that always spills for me??
    Yes it does. DH likes to buy it because it's cheap but I loathe that container. It always spills.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Random aside- does that Costco milk still come in that container that always spills for me??
    That's the main reason I don't have Costco milk as our to go milk! Was always wiping up after each.single.time I used the container. Even wrote in the feedback to Costco if they changed the packaging of containers, you'll have me buying their milk!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    $3.09 for a gallon of 1% at Wegman's; it's not much cheaper at ShopRite. DH is the only one in the house who drinks it regularly; we go through about a gallon every week and a half.

I prefer Wegman's because they control their supply chain and pledge that it's hormone-free.

If we're up for a more involved trip, we get our milk from Halo Farm. It varies in price from whole to skim, but they're completely in control of their supply chain and it's effectively organic (no organic seal, but that's not important to me) as well as being local & minimally processed. When we buy from Halo, we typically get a half-gallon of reduced lactose whole milk for DD and me and a gallon of 1% for DH. We will also treat ourselves to a gallon of chocolate milk. I think we end up spending a little less per gallon than at Wegman's, but it's a trip that requires a lot more planning.
    Thanks! Halo looks interesting - I'll have to make a trip out there.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4