Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by indigo99 View Post
    Anyone else been to the unclaimed baggage center in Alabama? It's a huge store full of things that were separated from their owners by the airlines. I don't check anything truly valuable either, but losing a suitcase full of clothes because the suitcase was damaged wouldn't be fun. They even have a large selection of electronics. The huge bins FULL of nail clippers was a bit gross for me, but that was back when they outlawed them in carry-on luggage so I guess the airlines kept and sold them.
    I have heard of it. That's probably where my $500 retainer ended up

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have, and then I've left them off. I've used them and had them removed and never returned. (I call that stealing but what ever). I love to get my bags saran wrapped when we fly internationally.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A lock doesn't deter the average thief with a ball point pen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpIJVWXsBBI
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Quote Originally Posted by elliput View Post
    A lock doesn't deter the average thief with a ball point pen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpIJVWXsBBI
    I believe in the saying that "Locks are there to keep honest people honest."
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I fly pretty frequently (at least a dozen times a year) and have never locked a suitcase. Even when we're flying as a whole family, we almost never check bags, but when we do we just put our valuables in our carry-on. I'd imagine that a thief would be more likely to just take the whole suitcase and go through it at their leisure offsite, rather than rooting through it, then closing it back up and replacing it. I also have never had a bag pop open when it's checked (although I have had straps/handles ripped off by the machinery).

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH and I fly about 200-250k per year total and never lock a suitcase. We keep valuables with us and when we check bags never have issues.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3