hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Window coverings, kid safe...

I am in search of kid safe window coverings for DC's room. I'm looking for white without ANY cords. I definitely want a fabric (vs. vinyl). We took down some old roller shades, but the fabric roller shades all seem to have cords now... They do not need to block out the light completely.

Any ideas where to find this?

Thanks

We have some cordless fabric honeycomb shades from Select Blinds.
    http://www.selectblinds.com/shop-by-...ft-system.html
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lowes carries cut to fit cordless cellular shades. We put these in the kids rooms and they have held up well.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

We just put in all new window treatments to get rid of cords and replace some faded ones. I used a variety of sites, select blinds. Jcpenny, bed bath and beyond etc. Price wise they were all similar and all work well. Did some roman shades and some honeycomb cellular.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found cordless white cellular shades at Target. I think they are made by Bali. We needed some quickly when we moved into our house. They had a variety of sizes. We did outside mount so the measurement didn't have to be exact.
    DS age 9

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    I found cordless white cellular shades at Target. I think they are made by Bali. We needed some quickly when we moved into our house. They had a variety of sizes. We did outside mount so the measurement didn't have to be exact.
    We did this with some from Ikea
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Our last house we did the honeycomb blackout shades for the bedrooms from Budget Blinds. They have a great warranty and came back after about three years and fixed one when we had a problem. We just moved and had quotes from them and Costco. Both were about the same but with Costco you get 20% back as a Costco card. I know for October the promo for both is free cordless upgrade. You can also get sheers if you don't want blackout. Since we are figuring out our budget and might be doing things in stages the Costco rep said no change in price if we went room by room separately but I can't remember if I asked Budget the same thing.