Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

According to DS, we are all going to be pirates. Fine by me! I got the Melissa & Doug pirate set for him and he has dressed as a pirate every.day. for the past several weeks. Still looks great. Sometime's he puts on his Shredder mask with the costume and uses a sash to hold all 5 of his swords and declares he's going Trick-or-Treating like this. Could be hard to walk, but hey, whatever floats your boat kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Emmet: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/the...FYI7aQod86AAPg

I made our Emmet costume - it is a 'soft' costume, not a cardboard head. I found an orange vest, bought orange pants, used reflective tape, made a piece of resistance from foam and spray painted a construction hat red. It turned out cute.
    That looks great!! He was fine with the turtle anyways as his other choice....Had he insisted, I would have done Emmet. Maybe we will do it next year if he still wants to. I bet your costume will look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sopamanda View Post
    We're all going as the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf. DS is 9 and dd is 2. Yes, that means I'm dressing as a little piggie too. Making the costumes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! What a cute idea! I bet you would win a contest!!

Today was the first Halloween "event" that the kids all had to wear their costumes for, so I took some photos. Shockingly, it was a pretty well-attended thing and there were only two other Annas and three other Elsas, and no Olafs besides DS.

Here's my Frozen crew:
    20141025_trunkortreat.jpg

The only things I still need to make are fleece mittens for all three kids and a pair of white fleece pants for DS, because it's only supposed to be in the low 40s on Halloween.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Fabulous costumes! I am impressed. I hope you all had fun.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Finally all done with mine in time for the parade today:
    Kris

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS is going as Kai, the Red Ninja from Ninjago. DH will be the Blue Ninja courtesy of blue sweatpants and a short blue velour bathrobe I found at the Goodwill for $3.50. I will either be Zane the White Ninja, if I can find the stuff cheaply enough or a pink Ninja as I already have a short pink bathrobe!

This was DS & DH last year:IMAG1082.jpg I was a Pizza Planet Alien.
    DS 2/09

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    DS is going as Kai, the Red Ninja from Ninjago. DH will be the Blue Ninja courtesy of blue sweatpants and a short blue velour bathrobe I found at the Goodwill for $3.50. I will either be Zane the White Ninja, if I can find the stuff cheaply enough or a pink Ninja as I already have a short pink bathrobe!

This was DS & DH last year:IMAG1082.jpg I was a Pizza Planet Alien.

Wow - those costumes from last year were great. Last year my DD was a roller coaster rider and my son was a Dalek. This year DD is going as a Mime and DS is going to be Poseidon. Here are pics from last year (we're still finishing up poseidon and haven't done the make-up test for the mime yet):
    Roller Coaster Rider.jpgDalek.jpg
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 10YO DS is going to be a magician.
    My 8YO DS is going to be a Minecraft miner
    My 5YO DS is going to be a ninja

But they will all dress as pirates for school (it is their school mascot, and every year kids are asked to come in pirate costume...fortunately, I have hand-me-downs for the younger boys, and DS1 played a pirate in his school play last spring, so he has that costume)

I was getting roped into a family 'frozen' costume theme too. My 2 girls wanted to be Anna and Elsa, so DH and I were going to be their dead parents....complete with Arundel Royal Navy life vests and seaweed in our hair!

But now the girls want to be a 'princess vampire' and a pirate.... Oh well.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast