Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I did it once for 20K airline miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I would be so tempted to do it but I probably wouldn't. I would be too embarrassed. Plus, I know
    my DH would totally make fun of me!
    He won't, already asked! We are actually planning on buying a car in the next few months, a VW just is no where on the list. I might go Friday and do it, I'll let y'all know. It would be so great to have that money before Christmas !

Ann

I can't stand car dealers so I wouldn't do it. It's not worth the aggravation I'm sure I'd experience after a hard sell by the dealer.
    But I can def see how tempting it would be. Hmmm...maybe if I was feeling "chill" that day I would suck it up and try.
    SAHM to:

When we did it at a Chevy dealership (it was only for $50 Target card, but we were bored and low on cash) we were very upfront with them that we were just there for the freebie and weren't in the market for a car. We were in and out in less than an hour. The sales guy knew we weren't going to buy anything so he didn't waste his time trying, just gave us some printed materials and went over the minimum I'm sure he is required to do.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I'd do it for 300 definitely and treat myself to something!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't think it's a nice thing to do, but I also don't think it is unethical.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Absolutely and alot of the times, as long as you're up front about it, they sign the form and send you on your way w/o evening doing the test drive. How did you find a $300 test drive offer? That is GREAT!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I don't think it's a nice thing to do, but I also don't think it is unethical.
    Yeah, I wouldn't personally feel right about doing it.

I would and I would have no problem with it. The dealers know that sending unsolicited offers to people are low yield, but all it takes is one person to go in just wanting the money but to change their mind after the test drive before they more than make their money back (like gymnbomb's DH above). You may not buy one now, but if you like the test drive you may return to VW 5 years from now. And even if you never buy one yourself, if you tell a friend - or an entire BBB message board - you've given them tons of free advertising. Someone on here may just decide to check out a volkswagon this weekend too!

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    Absolutely and alot of the times, as long as you're up front about it, they sign the form and send you on your way w/o evening doing the test drive. How did you find a $300 test drive offer? That is GREAT!
    It just came in the mail to us. We have been looking for a new car over the last two months and have been to a few dealerships, just not VW.

Ann

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast