lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default need stroller recs for my sis

my sister is expecting her first baby in March. she lives in NYC - has an elevator, so no worries about stairs. needs narrow-ish footprint b/c stores in her hood are tight. big basket. reversible or bassinet. good suspension and tires - stroller will be primary/daily transportation. i'm long out of the stroller market and hoping for some help from you all. thanks!!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For what your sister needs, I think the bugaboo bee. My DB had one in Brooklyn and it was great because it did well through the NYC streets and also had a small footprint, was light to lift up small stairs when needed, etc.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks. My only concern about the bee is the wheels don't seem like they would be all that great at smoothly riding down broken cement and slate sidewalks. Thoughts?

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My brother used it all around park slope. It was their one and only stroller. They even used it with a ride on board. They loved it. Never complained. In NY, you often need to go up a step to get in a store or need to be nimble to get around.

Otherwise, I would get a city mini gt. But my DD hated the bassinet. I would do a city mini with car seat attachment. My friend who lived in Tokyo did that with the regular city mini. It was pre the gt. She liked it because it was easy to get in a cab. I think the cybex automatically slots into the BJCM so you don't even need the attachments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Bee doesn't have a big basket though. With what you described, I'd still probably suggest the Bee though. My other thought would be the Uppababy Cruz.