scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Any thoughts on the Mac Volo?

This is sort of a spin off to my previous umbrella stroller thread..... Any thoughts/opinions/ reviews of the Mac Volo? I had a triumph previously and really like it. Looking at the Volo it seems I lose the ability to recline but not sure what else. My other stroller is a city min gt. I just want the Mac for quick in/out trips all other times I will use the GT (which does recline). Plus my dc have never been stroller nappers.... Any other downsides to the Volo?
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

it has pretty tiny wheels. if by "quick trips" you mean always on smooth surfaces, i'm sure it will be fine.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

A Volo is a good companion stroller for a BJCMGT. It's a tiny, zippy stroller that doesn't take up much space. Storage and sunshade are minimal, but if you are someplace where you would need those two things, you have your GT. Another stroller to consider is the Inglesina Swift. It's a small zippy stroller that has a few more features than a Volo. I don't think the handle height is a high as a Volo, though, so double check on that if you're above average height.

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The seat on the Volo is different from the seat on the Triumph; it's more of a mesh sling, while the Triumph has a structured frame. We have owned both, and for longer distances my girls have both disliked sitting in the Volo compared to the Triumph. We used a Volo for years as our plane travel stroller though; for in/out of the car trips, I think it would be just fine.

I don't have a Volo, but do have a Quest. My best friend has a Volo and while it was very light and easy to maneuver, it is also very tippy. Way more so than the Quest and the Quest definitely irritates me at times when I have a shopping bag hanging from the handle that I forget to take off before I get DS out, because the stroller will immediately fall to the ground. With the Volo, it was actually possible to tip the stroller WITH the child in it if your out too much weight on the back.

Sadly I am almost out of strollers... DS is 5 and DD is 2 1/2 and after about 50 strollers (I do not kid), I am down to a BOB Revo, Bee +, and Volo. The Volo is the one we use most. It is great for older kids. I have never had it tip at all. And it's super lightweight and easy to grab. If you are looking for a minimalist stroller or something for a kid over 1 1/2, I would highly recommend it

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We love our volo for toddlers and preschoolers! It's so lightweight and easy to maneuver. It's not cushy or flashy but we dont need that by that age anyway.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have had 2 bugaboos, Phil & Ted double, Valco, Peg Perego, Quest, Triumph.....

and after 9 years - - i STILL HAVE MY VOLO. I don't plan on getting rid of it. Most loved, most used stroller in our house.... and like above .... i have probably owned 20+ strollers.

I really dislike my Volo. The straps are hard to adjust and clip and it tips when you take the child out