Default Khaki or navy pants for school uniform that are also warm?

DS1 took the bus for the last few years so he wasn't standing around outside for very long. But this year I'm driving him and DS2 to school, and it's a long walk and wait while we drop DS2 off and then go around to his door on the other side of the building.

The boys can wear khaki or navy pants, but not denim or cargo pants. I've been buying at Children's Place, Sears, and Old Navy but they're all pretty thin fabric. Can anyone recommend a heavier-weight khaki that will keep them warm in the New England winter?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I found lined ones at LE and Target.

Thanks! I missed the lined ones at LE, was only looking at the uniforms section and didn't see any listed there. But the flannel-lined pants should work.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

LOVE the Lands End lined boys pants. Still easy for them to run around, comfortable, and warm. My favs are the lined ripstop, they don't look too casual, but they might be too close to "cargos" for your uniform. Lined boatpants are heavier.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Frenchtoast. Love their uniform pants

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would he wear long underwear? My 5 yo DS is starting to wear long underwear on colder days. A lot of his clothes were handmedowns so it was cheaper to buy a couple pair of long underwear than to buy new lined pants. He wears C9 brand from Target.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You might consider the long underwear idea in case school is crazy hot- he can take of layers vs being extra hot all day. Our school is very temperamental temperature wise bc it's old; some rooms are roasting/ others freezing.