Thread: Poo on me!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Poo on me!

Every Friday I have a mandatory meeting at 7 am. People weren't taking the "mandatory" part seriously and they started cutting our bonuses if we don't show up by 7 and sign in. I'm a very on time person and I've never missed.

DH worked last night and therefore wasn't home this morning, so I got both kids up, dressed, fed and out the door at 6:07. I arrived at DD's daycare at 6:27. Brought her in and put bottles in the fridge, new change of clothes in her cubby, etc. Went to lift her out of the carseat and her brand new Tea collection outfit is all covered in a huge runny yellow BM poo. It gets all over my sweater.

I rush to change her cause I can't hand her to the teacher like this - she is literally covered. I finally get out the door at 6:43. Of course, DS senses my stress and dawdles, lays on the floor, squirms as I try to buckle him into his car seat, etc. I arrive at his daycare at 6:48. I make a game and we run to the door. I throw his breakfast at the teacher and run back out the door, and am back in my car by 6:51.

I arrive to the meeting at 7:03. Just as they are taking the sign in sheet away. GAH!!!

Plus, I look totally stupid now as I was wearing a long cardigan with black stretchy pants and a black vneck tshirt. Without the cardigan (which now has poo on it), I look like I'm wearing workout clothes, plus my bum is far more on display than I expected it to be. ARGH!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

oh no!!! I am so sorry. I think you should e-mail your boss and explain! Hugs!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh no! Baby poo explosions are the WORST. I agree; can you email your boss and explain? If you've never missed/been late before, I would imagine your supervisor would be pretty understanding.

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hope you work it out & that your day improves.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. You tried SO hard. I can totally see something just like that happening to me. I'm sure your excellent attendance from before was noticed and that definitely works in your favor!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm sorry. That sucks so badly, I had something like that happen to me at college and I was really upset. Can you ask your boss to reconsider, since you were there but only a few min late.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is awful! I agree though, I'd email your boss and explain. If you are always on time, I'd hope he would be understanding.