bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DD eating "fuzz" from the underside of her infant carrier!

DD has an unexpired Graco SR 35 that still totally fits her. She is 11mo and doesn't REALLY need an infant seat any longer although we just used it in the stroller on Tuesday because she fell asleep on the way to DS3's doctor appointment. I need a new car seat now because she is totally pulling gobs of fuzz from the underside of her car seat "liner" and eating it!

Is there a certain kind of convertible that maybe does not have this problem?

Omg! I showed the title of this thread to dh & he waved hello!! Our ds2 ate fuzz!!! From pillow stuffing to whatever!!! He's 8 now lol. He's fine 'gifted' even no solution but couldn't not stop in to post !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; moderator infantreflux.org/forum
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

I'm pretty sure ALL convertibles don't have this problem . Any other features you need or want before we shower you with ideas? (And, if the infant seat has much usable life left for you or anyone you might want to give it to, call Graco with a complaint and ask for a replacement. Uh, hello, my child could have choked on your cover fuzz, make me happy before I complain on facebook )
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just checking in on this thread! She did it again! hellbennt, that is hilarious that you had that problem too. Glad to know they can still grow up okay!

Jools, I really think I'm going to buy a Britax RA from albee baby:

http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-roun...ilverlake.html

But I wanted to make sure it didn't have a "fuzz" problem first!

This infant carrier has been interesting. They replaced my base because it had a really weird malfunction (it had a piece fall out...I can't even remember how that worked but it basically unscrewed!) and now the fuzz issue... I will try to find a good home for this car seat but I think the fuzz thing is just a fluke (excepting other extremely intelligent children like hellbennt's above ). We purchased new in 2011 so it has a few more years of use but we're done.