Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Thank you. Can I ask if you were having bleeding issues or just hot flashes, etc?.
    I was not having hot flashes. I was having extremely heavy bleeding (and still can be somewhat heavy, but nothing like before), extreme fatigue, anxiety which was new to me and really bad about a week before my period, and terrrible cramping before and during my period. It was/is definitely perimenopause though b/c the dr did other tests, and was sure of the dx. Also, I had missed my period for the first time ever when I started having these symptoms. I think there were other things as well, I have been on the emerita progest about a year and a half, so don't remember all my symptoms, but just remember I felt do bad I dragged myself to the dr. As far as my fatigue, the dr recommended (and I use) B-100 vitamins which have helped as well.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I was not having hot flashes. I was having extremely heavy bleeding (and still can be somewhat heavy, but nothing like before), extreme fatigue, anxiety which was new to me and really bad about a week before my period, and terrrible cramping before and during my period. It was/is definitely perimenopause though b/c the dr did other tests, and was sure of the dx. Also, I had missed my period for the first time ever when I started having these symptoms. I think there were other things as well, I have been on the emerita progest about a year and a half, so don't remember all my symptoms, but just remember I felt do bad I dragged myself to the dr. As far as my fatigue, the dr recommended (and I use) B-100 vitamins which have helped as well.
    Thank you SO much! With the exception of skipping a P, that sounds exactly like me. Bleeding ridiculously heavy (I use a divacup and the day I finally called the doc about the bleeding I had emptied 11 completely FULL divas in under 24 hours!) and light bleeding lasting for 3 weeks, tiredness (even worse on the pill now), horrible cramps before and during. I'm going to call my doc Monday about getting off the pill and transitioning to the emerita scream. Crossing fingers and praying it works! We haven't done any tests (other than an u/s to rule out fibroids or other uterine lining issues) and I'm only 40 but I do think it's the start of peri.

ETA: Just noticed this is $20.53 via amazon S&S (4oz) so am adding it to my next order to try. Sadly my date to adjust the current order was yesterday so I'll have to wait till next month but I need to finish the current pill pack anyway so it's probably OK.
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 10-25-2014 at 02:45 PM.

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am through menopause now. I am 44 and had my hormones tested about 2 years ago and they showed I was through it already. I was having terrible hot flashes and couldn't sleep. Gyn put me on a compounding hormone that worked great but was a bit expensive compared to the generic standard hormones. My family dr. felt the compounding ones were over kill. He switched me to the reg generic hormones. Both work great but the generic ones cost 1/3 less. GYN seemed annoyed with family dr. She is OK with it though but feels I should be on the compounding one as it is less hormones. Family dr feels due to my age I should be on a regular dose as my body is not yet ready to be without the hormones. So I am on the generic hormones and the hot flashes/dryness has disappeared. Except for one strange period in June of this year I haven't had one in about 2 years.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I just went on the pill again. Worked wonders periods regulated not has heavy and no other symptoms im 47
    My mom had menopause from about 46 or 47 and had it until she was 54 (she told me she got her last period the day I told her I was pregnant with Dd1). I swear it lasted forever, but going on the pill worked the best for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thank you for posting this, and thank you all for this thread. I would like to revive it - I am 45 and am having the heavy bleeding and very extreme irritability. I had my OB/gyn check my levels and he said the only one really low was testosterone, and he recommended some injectible pellets I think he said they were that insurance doesn't cover, but when I read about the side effects (thinning hair, facial hair, acne), I didn't want to go there. But I really have a tough week before AF mood wise. And I am really tired every night. I do think exercise is helping (45 minutes of cardio every morning, strangely enough, gives me more energy at night) and I am trying to be more vigilent about fruits and vegetables and not eating sugar, but i am wondering about this cream and taking the B-100 vitamins.

Can you tell me how many B-100 vitamins that you take? Thank you!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisysmom View Post
    Can you tell me how many B-100 vitamins that you take? Thank you!
    I just take one a day. They absolutely help with my fatigue.

Also, wanted to mention that some may be interested in reading the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause". http://www.johnleemd.com/store/more_premenopause.html

That said, I have not read this book as I ordered it and for some reason got one with really small print...and I was happy with the improvements that had already been made.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2