Thread: WWYD MY meds

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default WWYD MY meds

I have mild anxiety from lots of stress and have been trying to find a med that works for me. I cant find one that doesnt cause me to gain weight or give me insomnia.

The newest one I have taken for only 8 days and have had horrible insomnia. Luckily i have as needed sleep meds and even those arent helping.

I know my doctor has to tell me what the next step is but I never can keep taking once I feel the side effects are worse then the help.
    Any advice. Am I crazy to stop due to insomnia. I think I will just live with the anxiety.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you tried adjusting the time of day you take your medication to see if it helps with the insomnia? IIRC some SSRIs can take 2 weeks to build up effectiveness so I'd wait at least that long before switching.

You might also completely eliminate caffeine and try meditation before bed, exercise, limit screen time, the general stuff people recommend. Are you having a hard time getting to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night?

Default WWYD MY meds

Have you ever considered the vitamin supplement Niacin, B3.

I have watched a lot of videos and read about it. Andrew Saul is really big about it. He wrote a whole book on it. Can't hurt if you are out of options.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/anxiety.html

http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1...on-and-anxiety
    Last edited by sandwish; 10-25-2014 at 09:30 AM.

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My husband takes Trazodone at night for anxiety. Best wishes to you. I hope you find something that helps.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011