hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default 1st grader party 3-5 pm

DS2 is having his bday party today. I am planning on ordering pizza and bringing juice boxes and water bottles and we have cake. Maybe I should also have some stuff for parents? We don't know most of the kids/families as we invited the class and it is a new school (we are actually doing his party 2 months after his bday for just this reason). I am going to BJs for the cake, plates and juice / water.

Any suggestions on what to pick up (at BJs) for parents?
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So these are 7 year olds? I wouldn't expect many parents to stay, around here, after age 6 it's all dropoff. If I was a parent at that time I wouldn't even have expected pizza for the kids, just cake and drinks. Honestly I might just offer pizza as well to the parents at this point.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I would also drop off, but if I stayed, I would not expect food for me at all. Maybe water and that's it, really. It's well after lunch and before dinner, so I don't think it's needed. If you think parents will stay, an extra pizza would be plenty, I think.
    Kris

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

thanks! I will be ordering pizza mid way through the party so should have a head count. I will get some extra water and call it good. Thanks
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I chose that party time so I don't have to feed pizza. . I'd buy some easy fruit like clementines, grapes or apple slices and pretzels for munching. Party location (distance from my house/ proximity of other stuff) would influence me staying at that age. I like to stay. But I don't need to be fed.