How long are your parent-teacher conferences and what is the focus (teacher concerns, parent concerns, test scores only, etc)?

I'm asking because I have been a parent in a total of 3 public schools. The first school (elementary) gave parents 5 minutes total to talk to 2 teachers (not each). They basically reported test scores. I was shocked. I just got the mailing from dd's current school (a middle school), it seems we can attend parent-teacher conference night where we can have a 10 minute conference with only one teacher (kids have 6 teachers) or request to receive brief e-mails or phone calls. Interesting concept. I guess I do appreciate that they don't drag me down there for nothing (like the first school I mentioned). The other school is an elementary public alternative school where I think they typically allow 25-30 minutes but will schedule with parents for any amount of time requested (so very different).

Please say if your school is elem. or middle (or even high school) when applying. Also, I am not trying to block private schools in any way, but I know there are often different issues in terms of time and resources with public schools.