Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Canker soars ....... you suck!!!

My dd has two, a big one under her tongue and one under her bottom lip, and they are making her miserable. This is worse than when she is sick cause the advil does nothing for the pain. I felt like such a heel leaving her at daycare this morning. No fever, no other symptoms to tell me it is something else. My poor little girl. I know of some remedies to help in the long term, but they all involve short term burning.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

google mouth rinse and hand, foot, mouth. There's quite a few recipes for mixing a few OTC meds to swish in the mouth to help with mouth sores. You can make your own or have a compounding pharmacy do it for you.

And as a former chronic canker sore sufferer I feel her pain. It's the worst...especially that under the tongue one. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I hope they resolve soon.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Poor little girl! Canker sores are horrible because you are never able to forget that they're there. I had one on my tongue this week and suffered with it until I remembered that I had Orabase. I don't know what's in it, but it numbed the pain and helped it heal. I hope your DD gets relief soon.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Any chance you can get a prescription called in from your dentist? Or possibly pediatrician? Triamcinolone Acetonide is THE best canker sore remedy! No burning. :-) I have sung praises for it on other BBB posts, including this one...

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...=Triamcinolone

My DD#1 also gets awful canker sores. We have prescription stuff and it is amazing. Doesn't hurt at all and they heal fast.
    Melissa

Mom to Emma (4/03), Kate (7/05), Sam and Claire (6/09)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    Any chance you can get a prescription called in from your dentist? Or possibly pediatrician? Triamcinolone Acetonide is THE best canker sore remedy! No burning. :-) I have sung praises for it on other BBB posts, including this one...

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...=Triamcinolone
    Thanks for sharing! I get awful canker sores also and have always just suffered through them. Definitely going to give this a try.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)