Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Men's suit

Default Men's suit

DH needs a suit for an upcoming business meeting. He does not own any or does he plan to wear the suit very often.

Where is the best place to get a cheap suit? And would he typically need alternations? How much should I expect alterations to be?

How about a rental? Not sure how much they run, but I'm sure you could find one where the rent for weddings.

I think I'd go to a bridal shop and rent one. I think they run about $50/3days. Alterations could easily hit that number.

In a lcol area, hemming pants is $12. Sleeves shortened $15.

JCP usually has seperates for >$100 each tho. But then you're stuck with a cheap suit

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DH was in a bind and found suit separates at Kohl's. He was in his hometown on business and was asked to be a pallbearer 2 days before a funeral. He owns quite a few suits but didn't have one with him, and with the separates he didn't need alterations.
    DS age 9

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In that case I'd go to a second hand store or thrift shop.
    K

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My brother needed a suit for a wedding. He bought a decent suit for approximately $150 st JC Penny. They were separates, so no hemming was needed as PP mentioned. I think kohls does free alterations, but JC penney does not do alterations at all. I know local places charge $5-10 for simple alterations.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    Last edited by liz; 10-31-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Default Men's suit

I should mention that he will be out of the country for the meeting for a week. So rental may not be the best option.

I will look into buying it separately. We want to stay under $200 is my guess. Is that considered a cheap suit? Of course cheaper is better.

Pardon my ignorance. If separate are you finding a black pant and black coat that don't match. Or are really close. Or are they different colors.
    Last edited by sandwish; 10-31-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Suit separates are made by the same manufacturer with the same material but the pieces are sized and sold separately. If you have one, Burlington coat factory often has suit separates in your price range that are probably one step up from what you would get at jc Penney for the same price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If the meeting is in a place like Thailand, you could get the suit pretty much tailored cheaply overnight.

Macy's is having a great sale right now. I buy my husband the Tommy Hilfiger suit separates. This means you can buy the jacket and pants separately. They have a larger selection of sizes and colors online. The suits are shipped directly from the vendor. With the sale and coupon codes, you can find something for under $200.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast