Thread: Travel umbrella

Default Travel umbrella

So I'm really bummed I missed the g-luxe sale as I just realized I realized I needed one yesterday. I'm looking for a full featured umbrella to use primarily as a travel stroller. I actually have a valco snap which I love, but due to the way it folds it takes up most of my trunk which doesn't work well for travel when we have other suitcases and things. I'd like to spend less than $150 and like to order online if possible. Other than recline I don't have a huge "wish list" if you will. Strollers I have heard mentioned in the past are:

g luxe
    cybex onyx (I can't find it online anywhere - do they still make it?)
    Inglesina trip
    Liteway plus

Any advice or revs would be appreciated. Thanks.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think this is the one I will be purchasing, since the City Mini Zip seems to be getting mixed reviews:
    http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....=1&origkw=zobo

It's not super light (although I'm fine with 16 or 17 lbs), but I love the standing fold where the wheels do not touch the canopy. Cute colors too!

ETA1: I have played with this stroller in the store and like it, but have not test-driven it outside of the store (eg, on real sidewalks, etc).

ETA2: Chicco makes a few other umbrella strollers: the regular Liteway, the Echo (which is exclusive to Target and I think is a little smaller than the Liteway/Liteway Plus, for $99), and the Capri, which I think is bare bones.
    Last edited by TwoBees; 11-05-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

We have a Chicco Neuvo and a Chicco Echo. The Neuvo has more features but is still a relatively small umbrella fold -- we bought ours as a travel system and it holds the KeyFit, reclines almost all the way, has a nice sized canopy, and has cup holders for the kid as well as a removable parent cup holder. The Echo also reclines a good bit though maybe not quite as far, has a smaller shade and only the removable parent cup holder. It is lighter and folds up smaller. We use and like both of them for keeping in the trunk, travel, and use in malls, walking around the neighborhood, etc. Those are really the only things we use our strollers for so we don't need anything that does more. I think the Liteway and Liteway Plus are somewhere in between those two with the primary difference being that the Plus will hold a KeyFit.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look at all of those. I sure don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

As far as chicco strollers go, I know the liteway plus can hold a car seat which is not what I need. The only reason I had it on the list vs the liteway is because of the higher weight limit. I was afraid my little guy would outgrow the liteway too soon, but due to the added features I didn't even really need the plus cost a lot more. Maybe the others would better fit my needs.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Chitowngirl View Post
    So I'm really bummed I missed the g-luxe sale as I just realized I realized I needed one yesterday. I'm looking for a full featured umbrella to use primarily as a travel stroller. I actually have a valco snap which I love, but due to the way it folds it takes up most of my trunk which doesn't work well for travel when we have other suitcases and things. I'd like to spend less than $150 and like to order online if possible. Other than recline I don't have a huge "wish list" if you will. Strollers I have heard mentioned in the past are:

g luxe
    cybex onyx (I can't find it online anywhere - do they still make it?)
    Inglesina trip
    Liteway plus

Any advice or revs would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm bummed too. I didn't realize it's what I wanted until they were sold out. I tried the Echo from Target a month ago and returned it because I didn't like it at all. It was too small. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Have you considered a Mountain Buggy Nano?
    Lele, mom to 3

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lele View Post
    Have you considered a Mountain Buggy Nano?
    Can you tell me more about this...? I'm not the OP but you have totally piqued my interest.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

It is a nice travel stroller. It folds tiny--I just carried it on a plane and used it on a cruise last week. It has a bar handle, which I prefer. The basket is decent, especially for the size of the stroller.
    Lele, mom to 3