Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Replacing Mac Quest- stick with Quest or switch to Versa?

Hi y'all! I haven't been on here in ages- I basically took a social media detox. I'm back now looking for advice. DS is 2.5 and prefers to be out of the stroller. I had a Mac Quest which I loved which lived in the car as well as a Red Castle for walking. My Quest was just destroyed by an airline & I'm asking them to replace it. My Red Castle has been on it's last legs for a while now. I use the 'car stroller' very occasionally for errands but it's also our travel stroller. I walk daily, mostly on sidewalks.
    Should I replace the Quest with another Quest and keep walking with the Red Castle until it's dying day? Or should I switch to something like the Versa, and try to make it an everything stroller? I hope to have baby #4 someday, but not currently preggo. I'm thinking that the Versa would be nice for a future baby but can also just replace my Quest now & get something new in the future.
    What do you advise?
    Thanks!
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Welcome back!!

Obviously, the versa will be much bigger than the quest, but I just got one for ds3 and I absolutely love it. I wish I would have had one for all three boys. I have the greatest wheels which make the push fantastic. Super easy gold too. They are pretty cheap right now too!

Are the Versa wheels air tires?

Oops, posted too quickly... Is it practical as an errand stroller? Is it user friendly in stores?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Oops, posted too quickly... Is it practical as an errand stroller? Is it user friendly in stores?
    Thanks!
    You can add GT wheels http://www.babyjogger.com/product/ci...-gt-wheel-kit/

I use it as an errand stroller. It's definitely not as convenient as an umbrella, but it works. I've never had a problem in stores.

Thanks for your help! I'm really leaning towards the Versa. It helps that almost every review on every site is absolutely glowing.

Anytime, let me know I you have more questions. I'm pleasantly surprised how much I enjoy the versa!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

i've had a quest for a long time...since my first baby was about 9 months old. I bought a versa for baby #4 and I love it. but i see it as a great complement to the quest, not really a replacement. its much bigger and very heavy compared to the quest.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    i've had a quest for a long time...since my first baby was about 9 months old. I bought a versa for baby #4 and I love it. but i see it as a great complement to the quest, not really a replacement. its much bigger and very heavy compared to the quest.
    Thanks for chiming in. At this point my 2.5 to 'baby' is in daycare so he doesn't really come along on all my errands anymore. I would certainly replace my Quest with another if an errand stroller was my only need. The problem is that my daily walking stroller is also falling apart. So I'm trying to get the most for my money right now, with an eye towards future needs & hypothetical future babies. Knowing myself, I'll end up buying another stroller as well when there's
    another baby in town.

We are now the proud owners of a green Versa. DDs love taking DS out for walks in it. I'm really happy with it all around. Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast