Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago (squeeze sides were stuck and wouldn't release). I was actually trying to open it with pliers and it still wouldn't undo. Called Britax, and they told me that there was too much tension in the hinge and that I should push down on the ClickTight part while squeezing the sides at the same time. That did the trick for me. The CS rep also told me I shouldn't pull on the seat belt too tightly before pushing down on the ClickTight part. She told me to leave some slack in the belt.

HTH!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago (squeeze sides were stuck and wouldn't release). I was actually trying to open it with pliers and it still wouldn't undo. Called Britax, and they told me that there was too much tension in the hinge and that I should push down on the ClickTight part while squeezing the sides at the same time. That did the trick for me. The CS rep also told me I shouldn't pull on the seat belt too tightly before pushing down on the ClickTight part. She told me to leave some slack in the belt.

HTH!
    That's what I do... Push down on the click tight part and squeeze the release.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

When I've had these problems, I've tried kneeling in the seat and then then I can pinch the release together without difficulty. Yes, I make great ballast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2