ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Can you buy prorated/partial months Disneyland annual passes for child?

We currently have annual passes that expires at the end of this year but my youngest daughter is turning 3 next year, will I be able to buy her a prorated annual pass when she turns 3 so that it expires at the same time with the rest of the family? How does that work?

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am pretty sure they do not offer any prorated passes, but I could be wrong.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You can not buy anything like this. You would either need to buy her one off cycle from the rest of the family (which would suck if you get them every year), or just buy her tickets on each trip until you have to renew. Depending on how many times you go, that may not be too different a price. I would work out pricing for #trips, #days/trip etc and price it out. I imagine they would let you purchase a pass when she turns 3, then buy a "new" pass when the rest of the family has to renew (at full price)
    mom to Billy 12/07

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
    You can not buy anything like this. You would either need to buy her one off cycle from the rest of the family (which would suck if you get them every year), or just buy her tickets on each trip until you have to renew. Depending on how many times you go, that may not be too different a price. I would work out pricing for #trips, #days/trip etc and price it out. I imagine they would let you purchase a pass when she turns 3, then buy a "new" pass when the rest of the family has to renew (at full price)
    I would check with Disney before going this route! I'm sure this comes up a lot and I bet the solution is easier than this. I know that YEARS ago (maybe 7 or 8??) this situation happened to my friend and the person from whom she bought the season passes told her her 2yo would be free through the end of the cycle with the rest of the family even after she turned 3. I don't know if this is the usual case or if this has changed or what (back then annual passes were a whopping $99--can you believe it??) but I would DEFINITELY give it a try before dishing out for tickets.