94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tell me about frye boots

Still searching for boots, lol! I had one Born that *almost* fit the bill. Good shaft height, but I just couldn't zip it up when I had skinny jeans on.

So, that leads me to Frye Veronica Slouch Boots in extended calf. My original budget was $200, but I'm tempted by these. I thought I was going to be able to use a $100 GC to Bloomies, but my size just sold out.

They have them on Amazon for a slight discount. Including ebates (4%) & and cash back on my CC for Amazon purchases (5%) helps to bring down the cost vs Nordstrom.

Also, Amazon has the "dark brown brush off leather." Is this the same as the Nordstrom "dark brown"? The Amazon one looks more distressed.

http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Ve.../dp/B003OVS0ZE

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/frye-ver...e-calf/3125767

Is it worth the money? They are not as structured as the other boots I've been looking at. I figure that I can get away with more casual brown boots (vs black, which I'd like more of a proper riding boot.) Are these boots versatile? Will I be able to wear them with pretty much the same outfits as riding boots? Skirts, skinny jeans, legging?

Talk me into or out of them!
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

I have a pair of Veronica slouch boots and I like them. They are more casual than the Melissa buttons, which I also have. They are also easier to get on and off, so I wear them more frequently. Mine are brown and go with everything.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I have a pair of Veronica slouch boots and I like them. They are more casual than the Melissa buttons, which I also have. They are also easier to get on and off, so I wear them more frequently. Mine are brown and go with everything.
    I just bit the bullet and bought a pair since Amazon is offering 25% off shoes & purses right now. Hoping they fit my short, wide legs! All the other Frye boots are too tall for me. The max height I can do is about 14".
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Are Frye boots comfy?

for Sandy Hook

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Are Frye boots comfy?
    Mine are very comfortable. I have worn them to heavy duty walking activities with no problems. I get compliments every time I wear mine.

Mine are comfortable.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have those wide calf Frye's and they are very comfy. I think the Veronica Slouch style skews a little casual for my taste with skirts, but depending on your style it certainly can work. I have the Melissa button boots as well, and they seem more... dressy...sleek to me, but are also a hair taller so might be a problem behind the knee. I generally don't wear skirts though, so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt!

My calf is WIDE so they are not as slouchy as some pictures, but I can get them over jeans. So while they are a little more structured on me, it's the toe and heel shape that still seems more causal.

You can't go wrong though, they are a GREAT pair. Enjoy them!!