Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    baymom is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS (10, 5th grade)-- soccer for 1 1/2 hrs on Tues and Thursday, piano on Wednesday, religious school on Sunday and soccer games on weekends, sometimes both Sat and Sunday, sometimes up to 4 games.

DD (8, 3rd grade)-- Music for 1 1/2 hrs on Monday, piano on Wednesday, ceramics for 1 1/2 hrs on Thursday and Girl Scouts every other Friday, religious school on Sunday.; she plays soccer in the Fall, which just ended. It was an hour and a half of practice one weekday and one Saturday game

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD1 is 9, in 3rd grade. She does ballet (1hr), jazz (1hr) and violin (30 min). Each activity is once a week. Course right now she is in Nutcracker, so she has had a Saturday afternoon rehearsal for a couple of weeks now in addition.

DD2 is 7, in 2nd grade. She does tap(1 hr) and jazz (1hr), and cello (only with me). Also once a week, cept cello which is 6 days a week, 15 min.

DD1 is 5, in K. She does tap (1hr), is just starting karate tomorrow (40 min), and does piano with me when we happen to think of it, lol. Also once a week. We also go to a Chinese playgroup once a week. Besides tap, the other activities are basically to have something to do because she is in a very short half day Kindy. They are all done while her sisters are in school.
    Last edited by maestramommy; 11-23-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It varies but right now
    DS1 is 9 does chess once a week and swim once a week. his school gets him home at 4 pm so it is pretty late to do anything else. he just finished soccer which was a practice a week and game a week.
    DS2 is 7 does karate 2x a week and swim once a week. He also has a tutor 3x a week. we live across the street from his school and he is out at 3. he is also very active (more than DS1). Finally he also just finished soccer but had only a game once a week.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I feel like too many!

I always said I'd never be one of those overscheduled parents but here we are....

5 y/o DD plays soccer which is one practice a week and one game
    9 y/o DD plays soccer, same thing, once practice, one game per week, and is also is Girl Scouts with meetings every other week
    10 y/o DD who is my overachieving, driven child takes tennis lessons 1 hour per week, plays soccer, one practice, one game per week, takes Piano for 30 mins each week, is a patrol at school, is in band at school 2x per week for 50 mins, and is in a reading club at school that meets twice a month before school.

I am thankful I only work from 9-3 and that I only have one child who wants to do everything. And now she wants to do club soccer....sigh.....I need 3 of me to keep up with her!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD (10) - Girls on the Run, Musical Theater classes, voice/piano lessons, psychologist
    DS (6) - Golf, Science lab, basketball or soccer

The kids are allowed one sport per season. DH and I both work and our driving sitters are at college so we need to get them to where they need to be.

The exception is we allow DS2 to do karate year round which has a flexible schedule, and a friend invited him to do a LEgo class at the Y.

We don't have to do CCD since they go to our church school.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Right now we are just down to martial arts... But in the spring, summer and autumn my kids do a combo of soccer, baseball and martial arts. It's insanity, esp now as a ft wohm. We had to drop cub scouts and Lego robotics, due to distance and time issues. It was just too much.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

DS1 is only 3.5 years old, so just one activity once every week for swimming. He goes to preschool all day 3x a week.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5