Thread: Tween jeans?

Default Tween jeans?

My oldest just went through another growth spurt and the size 14 Children's Place jeans that I bought her a month or two ago are all too small in the waist and too short. She's 11.5 years old and puberty is looming. She has maxed out on Children's sizes in jeans and I'm not sure where to go next since I can't recall what happened when I transitioned out of girls sizes (and I'm sure that the options are different now anyway).

I'm looking for recs. for jeans that won't break the bank as it seems that when jumping from kids sizes to women's in anything makes the price at least double. She also has fine motor challenges so belts and buttons are not her friend. Historically we've done best with jeans with the internal adjustable elastic and she just keeps them buttoned and pulls them up and down as needed, but this solution probably won't work forever as her waist-to-hip proportion continues to change, and I suspect that feature isn't offered once you're out of children's sizes, but what do I know?....Anyway, long post short, where to go for Tween jeans?
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010

Old Navy goes up to size 16 and they are really cheap right now. Justice goes up to 18 and has knit waist jeans that are $24 online today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We did Justice for size 16, but DD1 is now past those and we found some that work at Aeropostale. I think they were on sale for $20 and I had a 30% coupon.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

Old Navy is a good suggestion. I have just started looking in Aeropostale for DD (10) who is tall. I know they go on some good sales from time to time, even as low as $15/pair.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dd is 11, 5 feet tall and 90 lbs, she wears 00 short from aeropostale, usually 15 a pair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD has a couple pair from Justice but we have also moved to Aeropostale. They are more affordable than Justice. They usually have a good sale for BF, possibly online so you don't have to deal with the crowds.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD is 11 and 5'3" and wears a size 16 in Gap girls super skinny jeans. Like your DD she still wants the adjustable waist. They go up to size 18 online in girls, yay. She can also wear size 2 or 4 in womens Old Navy jeans but she feels like the waist is too big, so the Gap work better for us now.

Just wanted to say a delayed thank you for all of the advice here. I finally took DD shopping for jeans (couldn't bear to do it during holiday shopping) and was really pleasantly surprised by the great fit and even better prices at both Old Navy and Aeropostale. We didn't even make it to Gap or Justice because we had such success at the first two but I'll check them out for future options. I was able to find a printable coupon for Aeropostale for $10 off $40 and the nice sales girl let me divide up my purchase into 2 transactions and use the coupon twice so we ended up with 6 pairs of jeans/jeggings and a cute top for about $65 out the door. I was floored. Old Navy ended up actually being more expensive. May be returning a bit there. Again, thank you all so much. You helped me over my little milestone of transitioning DD out of children's sizes into women's (she was 0s and 2s at 5'3" and about 95 lbs.).
    Mama to my three:
    DD 2/2003
    DD 5/2006
    DS 3/2010