gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Can anyone here recommend a quality bottle of scotch?

DH thinks his parents would appreciate a quality bottle of scotch as a Christmas gift. I'd like to keep the cost between $150-$200. Can anyone recommend one? I know NOTHING about scotch. tia!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Our favorite is Laphroaig. A 15 year old should fit your budget. My BIL won't drink anything but Glenfiddich. It really depends on what you like in your scotch. Your best bet is to go to a good liquor store and ask a knowledgable sales person or read posted reviews.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Scotch is tricky! I always buy it for my FIL and I can never remember if he prefers the really peaty kinds or not. Get the wrong one and it's a bummer. If you can scope out a little bit about what he usually drinks, that would help when you go to shop. Every year the scotch buying stresses me out. . You'd think I'd have written down what he likes by now!

One of DH's favorites is Glenmorangie Nectar d'Or.
    I just got him a bottle of Balvenie single barrel 12 year for his birthday that he really likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Glenlivet 21
    DD '06
    DD '14