Thread: Fitbit?

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Fitbit?

Anyone have one? I really don't know much about them but I just found out I can get them through my company at a really discounted price. If it a great thing, I don't want to miss a good opportunity, but if it is ehhh, I will pass. TIA!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have the Garmin vivofit I wear it like a watch ( it also displays the time)
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I have the fitbit one and love it.

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got the Fitbit flex and ended up returning it. Got the Nike fuel band and like it a bit better. Not sure why I didn't like Fitbit, same functions as Nike. I don't think it fit my small wrists well. Nike definitely fits better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

I have a Fitbit Zip for almost 2 years now. I love it! Very motivating.

Pakin

Watching. Thinking of getting ones for DH and myself.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

I got a fitbit flex free with a phone upgrade this summer and I like it although I would not have paid full price for it. I would like it better if it displayed the time, which I think some of the new ones do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH got me the Flex wristband in Sept. for my birthday. Mine does not sync automatically to my phone (my phone is too old), but I just sync it to my laptop if I want to check the actual number of steps. It lights up showing every 20% of my goal reached, so I can get a good estimate that way just by tapping the wristband.

Pros:
    - I always have it on unless I'm showering or charging it, so I don't lose it or forget to put it on. I've only had it fall off once, that was when trying to teach my youngest how to roller skate and she grabbed at me and pulled on it.
    - After wearing it for a few days I no longer noticed it on my wrist, pretty comfortable to wear.
    - Did a great job of keeping me accountable, especially in the beginning, to reach my daily goal. Now that the weather is cold (and I've been sick), I haven't been putting as much effort into that goal. Need to get back on track. I wanted it not as a weight loss tool, but just a reminder to stay active to maintain my current weight.

Cons:
    - I need to charge it about every 5 days and it takes more than an hour to fully charge. Can only charge plugged into my computer.
    - no time showing on it. I'm tempted to try out the new one that has a clock on it, but I'm too cheap. DH got my flex on Ebay at a discount. Never thought I'd really miss the watch part of it, as I never wear a watch. But now that I am substitute teaching I realize it would be nice to have that clock showing!
    - Not sure how accurate it is. I'm on my feet all day when I substitute but on those days I am always under my 10,000 steps. It is just small steps around a classroom, not power walking and swinging my arm, so I don't think it picks up all my steps. I think one hooked onto my clothes might be more accurate, but I think I'd be more prone to losing or forgetting it then.

I bought DH the Zip to try out. He lost it in the first week (fell out of his pocket). He found it, but decided he wasn't really into using it. I might wear that one one day to compare accuracy to my Flex.