khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Under eye brightener or concealor help

I don't wear alot of makeup. I sometimes wear a tinted moisturizer (either Laura Mercier or Hourglass). I feel like in the mirror at some angles the skin under my eyes looks darker. How do I brighten this up? I dont like powders that much and I prefer a dewy finish. My regular regime is shower, face moisturizer (currently Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream). I am 36 and look young for my age.

I've had the Laura Mercier concealor/corrector and once I bought a Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealor in Porcelain and I think its way too light for my skin, maybe I should have gone one color darker.

So is there anything I can wear alone? I dont want to have to put on tinted moisturizer after, I am just looking for something to easily brighten up under my eyes.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I don't wear alot of makeup. I sometimes wear a tinted moisturizer (either Laura Mercier or Hourglass). I feel like in the mirror at some angles the skin under my eyes looks darker. How do I brighten this up? I dont like powders that much and I prefer a dewy finish. My regular regime is shower, face moisturizer (currently Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream). I am 36 and look young for my age.

I've had the Laura Mercier concealor/corrector and once I bought a Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealor in Porcelain and I think its way too light for my skin, maybe I should have gone one color darker.

So is there anything I can wear alone? I dont want to have to put on tinted moisturizer after, I am just looking for something to easily brighten up under my eyes.
    Overhead lighting can do that (bathroom vanity mirror), so I'd look outside in your car mirror or something to be sure you really even have dark circles worth worrying about.

I like skinfood's salmon undereye concealer. It is pretty inexpensive. Light is quite light since this is an Asian brand of makeup. I use medium and light depending on the time of the year. I use this with a tinted moisturizer; I don't know if you'd like it without. It really depends I guess.

I've heard good things about the It Cosmetics brand Bye Bye Undereye. I'm not sure how Bye Bye would work as a standalone, but just tossing that out there. I've been quite happy with the skinfood concealer though, and prefer it to many of the pricier brands I've tried.
    Last edited by brittone2; 12-15-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Touche Eclat is amazing. Maybelline's Dream Lumi is a very good drugstore dupe. I've used both and I use Laura Mercier as my base too. I find both of these products very very creamy, thin, and reflective. They don't sink into any fine lines but brighten up the dark circles.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Touche Eclat is amazing. Maybelline's Dream Lumi is a very good drugstore dupe. I've used both and I use Laura Mercier as my base too. I find both of these products very very creamy, thin, and reflective. They don't sink into any fine lines but brighten up the dark circles.
    So do you use this in place of under eye concealer? Ot you layer it on top of concealer?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In place of. I apply the tinted moisturizer first and then brush the touché éclat on and pat in with my finger. I find the illuminating and reflecting is enough to lessen the dark spots towards the inner corner.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    In place of. I apply the tinted moisturizer first and then brush the touché éclat on and pat in with my finger. I find the illuminating and reflecting is enough to lessen the dark spots towards the inner corner.
    Thanks!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs