Default Is RF tethering optional?

DS has been RF in a Roudabout G4 for about a year now in a 2014 Accord. I've just had it installed with latch because at the car seat inspection I was told that only some cars have a RF tether anchor. But I've read in other places that that the tether can be attached to the base of the front seat itself. Which is correct? Do you think RF tethering is necessary? Thanks for clarifying.

Side note: Is Britax discontinuing the Roundabout? I really like this little seat...

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sg2106 View Post
    DS has been RF in a Roudabout G4 for about a year now in a 2014 Accord. I've just had it installed with latch because at the car seat inspection I was told that only some cars have a RF tether anchor. But I've read in other places that that the tether can be attached to the base of the front seat itself. Which is correct? Do you think RF tethering is necessary? Thanks for clarifying.

Side note: Is Britax discontinuing the Roundabout? I really like this little seat...
    As far as I know rear facing tether is optional but recommended. We used to tether to the anchor point for the seat in front of the car seat. Not to the seat itself but at the bottom there is metal that is directly connected to the car frame.
    DD Spring 2010

It depends if n the seat. Here's a link to information about Arafat tethering from the carseatlady:

http://thecarseatlady.com/rearfacingtether/

The tether is optional for our Britax Marathon. I know I've driven without the seat tethered when I've needed to transfer the seat to someone else's car. It's REALLY a hard to get the tether d-ring around the seat base of my Ody, so I almost never remove it! Still, for a long trip and/or in my car, I always have it tethered.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Check on Britax website - I know most of the G4 models can be accessories with a rebound bar now

Thanks so much. That's exactly the information I was looking for and that video is great for showing how to install a Britax. We have to uninstall the seat anyway in a couple of weeks for a flight and when we get back I'll give tethering a try.

Flash09--I'll check out the rebound bar. Do you know if it works for the new click tight models as well? I know that I'm going to need to get an additional convertible seat sometime next year and I'm trying to figure out which one to get...

Thanks!

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sg2106 View Post
    Flash09--I'll check out the rebound bar. Do you know if it works for the new click tight models as well? I know that I'm going to need to get an additional convertible seat sometime next year and I'm trying to figure out which one to get...

Thanks!
    It will, but the anti rebound bar for them is not coming out until the new year. Rebound bars are great, so much less messy and easy!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014