Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Minecraft Mod Design online course deal on AmazonLocal

Minecraft Mod Design online course deal on AmazonLocal

DH was skeptical at first, but after watching the videos on their website, he thought this would far surpass the coding he was able to teach DC, much deeper concepts. And who doesn't want to summon lightning from their sword! The second video is especially entertaining. :-D

ETA - Ebates has 5% cash back for Amazon Local right now.

https://local.amazon.com/bellevue/B00QH6EZDY
    Foster your child's love for technology and gaming with an online Minecraft® mod-design course from Youth Digital. Designed for kids ages 8–14, this course encourages a child's natural curiosity through a hands-on approach to understanding Java programming.

• $149 ($249.99 value) for a Minecraft® mod-design online coding course
    • Over 30 hours of online and interactive videos, plus quizzes, badges, challenges, contests, and bonus material
    • Get a full year of access to instructional materials, including teacher support
    • You provide your own copy of Minecraft®, and they'll provide all necessary course software
    • Winner of Homeschool.com's "2014 Top Homeschooling Curriculum" award
    • Youth Digital has taught 20,000 students in over 70 countries

Youth Digital: Website

This is sold on Amazon, with reviews and lots of questions asked and answered. The sale price on Amazon.com is $199.

http://www.amazon.com/Mod-Design-Kid..._cd_ql_qh_dp_t

The company's facebook page has lots of 20% off codes, that can be used on Amazon.com, bringing the price to $159
    Last edited by urquie; 12-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't even figure out how to download the mods to my computer! Seriously, every time there is a glitch! Since you seem to know more than I do about minecraft, any recommendations of a step by step guide for downloading mods?

Lol - you give me too much credit... I don't even know how to play! DC love Minecraft and I'd like them to learn how to code. We don't even have the PC version so we've never attempted anything of this nature. If we make the investment, I sure hope DH can figure it all out!

Funny to see this here. Our school system is partnering with code . org this week to bring coding into the classroom. Each student is participating in a 1 hour class. My DS had has yesterday. He was telling me that his math teacher's 9th grade son designed a Minecraft mod & sold it. He also gets royalty checks and so far has enough money to pay for college! Pretty fantastic, huh? He learned how to code and design on his own from you tube videos!

do you need to live near seattle to use this deal??
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    do you need to live near seattle to use this deal??
    No, it's an online class. :-)

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I thought about getting this for DS but it's kind of pricey and I wasn't sure if he would really be able to do it. Looks cool though. DC love Minecraft but especially DS.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestion! We watched a little of the videos and read the Amazon reviews. I think DS will love this. We are giving it to him for his birthday (next week) and hope he will have time to enjoy it over Christmas break and this summer.

I would much rather him watch videos teaching him how to make his own mod then spending time watching videos about other people's mods!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ECMom View Post
    Funny to see this here. Our school system is partnering with code . org this week to bring coding into the classroom. Each student is participating in a 1 hour class. My DS had has yesterday. He was telling me that his math teacher's 9th grade son designed a Minecraft mod & sold it. He also gets royalty checks and so far has enough money to pay for college! Pretty fantastic, huh? He learned how to code and design on his own from you tube videos!
    Wow, that is really cool! That just might tip the scale for me. :-D

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast