kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default End of 2014 Preggo check-in

How are all of our expecting mamas doing? I know we have had a ton of announcements lately! Post your updates, belly shots, ultrasound pics, whatever's here.

I am now almost 32 weeks with our little guy. This has been the most uneventful pregnancy. I have to pace myself during the day so I don't overdo, but most days I am able to make it through fine. Prioritizing sleep has been enormously helpful. I usually burn the candle at both ends, so making sure we have a firm evening schedule/bedtimes/things prepped for the morning has been huge. We are not doing any evening activities now, and I love it. Our evenings our calm and predictable. I feel less stress. We will continue this.

I have seen the perinatologist twice now to check baby, and he looks amazing. No cleft lip or palate. I was fully mentally prepared to have another special needs kiddo, so it is a relief not to have to go there. I am allowing myself to imagine a "normal" birth, and planning on breastfeeding this time around. Finally bought clothes for the little guy. Fresh new Hanna sleepers, anyone? It's starting to feel real at this point.

Anyway, baby boy was so sweet during ultrasound. He had one arm next to his face and fingers in his mouth the entire time. Slept through the whole scan. Got a clear pic of the palate...looks perfect. Lip is good too. What a relief! Here's a great 3D picture we got of his face. He has his left hand in his mouth sucking on his fingers. <3

He is measuring at around 3 pounds 8 oz, and on track to be around 8-8.5 full term, which is right around what my older children were. Here's a quick picture from our latest scan.

Last edited by kep; 12-19-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior