Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Irrational Christmas Whine

Ok, I recognize that I have things really great and this is a pretty irrational whine... But I need to whine a little and I don't feel like I can do it to anyone IRL. I should probably also add that I think I am about to get my first postpartum period and not only am I unhappy about that, but it is also screwing with my hormone levels and emotions at the moment.

This is DS's first Christmas and it should be a special, happy time. It is also my first time not spending Christmas with my parents (although we are seeing them the first week of January). I am way behind at work and DH was nice enough to offer to take DS to the grocery store so I could get some things done. I had said I wanted crock pot pot roast for Christmas and he was going to get that along with other things we need. My Mom always makes a really nice roast for Christmas, and this was as close as we were going to realistically get to that. He got one of the Tyson pot roast kits instead of getting the parts separately. I was not thrilled about that because I like to add extra veggies and have lots of leftovers and it costs more, but I was going to suck it up. Then I noticed he got pork roast instead of beef and I am now crying over it!!

I don't blame DH and won't complain about it, but I'm really way more upset about it than I should be! 1) He probably didn't notice it was pork. This is not the first time he's gotten pork and not realized it. 2) He likes pork more than I do -- I'll eat it, but unless it's in the form of bacon, sausage, ham, or BBQ I am not a big fan. I'll eat it to be nice sometimes, but it is really not what I wanted. 3) He probably doesn't know that the reason I wanted roast beef is because that's what my Mom always makes.

That is all, thank you for "listening".
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Put the pork roast in the freezer and eat it another time, it won't go to wait. Go get the beef pot roast you want.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Put the pork roast in the freezer and eat it another time, it won't go to wait. Go get the beef pot roast you want.
    I might. I just don't want to tell DH that he did it wrong

Edit: Also, I don't think I can explain it to him without crying, and although I'm a person who cries relatively frequently I just don't want to make it into a big deal by having him see me do that.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    or make the pork pot roast this weekend and make the one you want on Thursday.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just put the pork in the freezer, buy thee beef and make that on Xmas day. Don't tell him...will he even notice?
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm another one for freeze it and go get what you want. If he didn't know when he bought it he wont know when you replace it. Sometimes husbands can be like kids be specific Say... I want Bottom Round roast or Chuck roast or sirloin tip roast . DH' list has some things marked no substitutions we've been married for 12 yrs and I learned after year one if I care about a brand I better put it down. ie Heinz ketchup, blue dawn dish soap etc. They try but sometimes are clueless.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Send him back to the store. Make the pork roast for dinner another night. Better to tell him now than to be even a bit unhappy at xmas dinner.

mnj77 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Would he be understanding if you told him? Like, it was so sweet of you to take DS to the store and get the stuff for dinner and I didn't realize how important this particular meal was until I saw the pork roast. Would it hurt your feelings if I got the beef instead?

I'll bet he would understand!
    DD 2007

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Make it today and say it looked so good that you wanted to eat it now.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree to make it another time, even tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast