Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If you don't have a fever then I'd say it's fine. Stand in the back so you don't get to close to anyone. The way you were originally describing it sounded like the flu.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Go. Take Advil and cough medicine. Bring hot tea and something to suck on. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take some Advil and lozenges and water to sip and go. You are a grown up and if a cold and not the flu or awful stomach bug, you won't be overly hazardous to be around.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you have coughing fits, don't go. I just spent a week around grownups coughing all over the place and not covering their mouths and I am now fighting off a cold.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not coughing tons, just a very deep painful cough that is hard to stop once it starts. I'm going to pick up some mucinex and will have something warm to sip. Thanks for the advice!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

In your situation, I'd definitely go. I'd probably warn DS2 that I'd be at the back b/c of the cough, but assure him I wouldn't miss it. That way, you can duck out for a few if the coughing gets too bad, and DS2 knows he might not see you, but that you're there. If you don't have a fever, I would definitely not miss it. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    Lizi

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You are talking about just having a cold, but it also sounds like you're expecting it to become pneumonia or bronchitis which makes it sound more serious than the run of the mill cold. Also sounds like you'll probably have a coughing fit. I'm sorry you're sick, but I don't think it's fair to expose everyone else right before Xmas. If you must go, stand in the back, and maybe have a scarf up around your mouth (a fashion mask that won't freak people out). I vote for staying home, though.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Not coughing tons, just a very deep painful cough that is hard to stop once it starts. I'm going to pick up some mucinex and will have something warm to sip. Thanks for the advice!
    For me, this type of coughing when I have a cold is helped with an albuterol inhaler. Do you have any wheezing as well? If your coughing continues tomorrow you may want to see a doctor and ask about it. I've been told by the doc that using the inhaler when necessary can actually help your lungs rest and heal.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I would go, drive separate, and plan to sit in the back.
    Go, but be prepared to slip out.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3