Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I like the Always ultra thin as well for lighter bleeding. I will say that I have some cloth liners and thin pads for very light days, and I have much less irritation and fewer infections with those.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Always overnight with wings, ultra thin, unscented.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I use cloth and plan to start the girls on cloth when needed.
    This is slightly OT but for cloth pad users, did you see that the FDA is cracking down on WAHM sellers of mama cloth because menstrual pads are considered "class a medical devices" so they need to be registered with the FDA (to the tune of $3800 per year! increasing yearly) so most WAHM shops are going to have to close up shop? Glad rags and lunaoads are about all that will be left after Jan 1.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I can't imagine sending a middle/high schooler off to school with cloth pads. That just seems like it would be very hard to manage.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    This is slightly OT but for cloth pad users, did you see that the FDA is cracking down on WAHM sellers of mama cloth because menstrual pads are considered "class a medical devices" so they need to be registered with the FDA (to the tune of $3800 per year! increasing yearly) so most WAHM shops are going to have to close up shop? Glad rags and lunaoads are about all that will be left after Jan 1.
    no! That is really upsetting. the FDA needs to get a freakin' life. sorry, but that makes me mad.

With a mini wet bag, I don't see cloth being that big of a pain when out in public. i just think the comfort far outweighs the inconvenience. i think it depends on how heavy your flow is though so we will see.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    This is so upsetting! I was JUST starting to get into cloth pads, starting with liners. I bought a bunch so I have a 2-week rotation of liners but I haven't gotten to try the larger/higher capacity pads and can't justify buying a bunch at random without know what would work for me And I'm REALLY loving the liners! This is pushing me towards the diva cup so that I only have to use liners...

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I use cloth and plan to start the girls on cloth when needed.
    This for me too--I have cloth, a Diva Cup and my nieces have both as well thanks to me. My oldest niece was given her Diva at 17 for the other two girls I had cloth pads made in designs that they picked out. No wet/clammy feeling, very absorbent, and more discreet because there's no crinkly sound.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

With a mini wet bag, I don't see cloth being that big of a pain when out in public.
    For an adult, I'm sure it's not. But my MSer isn't allowed to carry her backpack during the day. They aren't really supposed to carry purses. Not all schools probably have these rules, but when they do, I would imagine it's hard to carry enough supplies from class to class with cloth.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I never could wear cloth pads. I tried several times and ended up with terrible yeast problems.

I use a pad as a back up for a tampon usually due to heavy flow. I like the Target version of Kotex ultrathin with wings.
    Last edited by KpbS; 12-22-2014 at 01:10 AM.
    K

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Bookmarking

for Sandy Hook

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast