Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Construx building sets from the '80's. Possibly on of the greatest building toys ever made. It's was DH's favorite toy as a child. He even used them for an AP science class way back in the day. We've scoured eBay and Craigslist for months and have a large array of sets and parts ready for DH to build something spectacular on Christmas Eve for DS to wake up to. We've shown DS photos and videos of the elaborate machines, dinosaurs, and even theme parks the people have created with them. It's hard to say who is more excited at this point, DH or DS. It's a gift for both of them.
    Last edited by Kymberley; 12-22-2014 at 12:09 PM.

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DS lost his lovey a few months ago and asked Santa to find him and give him back. We couldn't find *him* but we did find another one of these loveys and Santa is writing DS a letter, telling DS he found him, cleaned him up and washed him REALLY well to give him back to DS. I'm super excited about that reaction!
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is getting a wooden dollhouse, which I'm super excited about. She didn't start asking for one until about a week ago, but I bought one last year on super sale, so I've been planning to give it to her for a while. I'm also excited to give her a pink and purple (her two favorite colors for over a year now) bow and arrow set I bought from Etsy. She's been wanting a bow and arrow for over a month and has hilariously tried to MacGyver one from several random items lying around the house. Lastly, I can't wait to give her a Daddy Doll, which is more like a small pillow than a "doll," but it has a picture of daddy on it in his uniform. (Daddy is currently deployed.) I know she'll love it! SO excited for Christmas for my 3yo!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD asked for "squishy sand" and Jumping Jack (a ridiculously hard to find preschool game with a bunny & carrots) from Santa. You know, the real one at Macy's in NYC? (Really. I hadn't planned on it, but we ended up in the City way earlier than my brother could meet up.)

DH and I can't wait to see her face when she opens them.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Xbox One. My kids have been asking for a gaming system for at least 5 years. I have been against it. They will be SHOCKED!!!

For DH, it's seriously a toss up between the license plate for the front of his car (he's been wanting something and I found one shipped from Ireland/County Cork with Gaelic) or the drywall repair that I am having re-repaired by a pro. DH tried repairing a huge hole in the kitchen ceiling left by the electrician. It was the source of a lot of frustration for DH. His repair job doesn't look fantastic but I barely notice it...he grimaces every time he walks into the kitchen and looks up. Cannot wait to surprise him with the repair when he comes home from a call weekend!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

I'm very excited for DD to open her scooter! Gran got her a mini kick, but while we've been waiting for Christmas, she's been trying to ride DS's scooter. She's actually pretty much mastered it, so now I'm worried we should have gotten her a two wheeled one. I'm hoping she'll like the greater stability, though, and I'm ready for the squabbling over DS's scooter to end!

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, the only thing DD asked Santa for was a bitty baby. She's reasoned that since she only asked for 1 thing, she's sure to get it (smart girl) so in a way this one won't feel like a surprise.

But DH and I are giving her this: http://www.amazon.com/Lottie-49112-A.../dp/B008XV9P18, which she saw in a toy store and wants SO MUCH but it is second to bitty baby (d*mn you, AG catalog), so she didn't ask Santa for it. She figured she could only ask Santa for 1 doll. I can't wait to see her face when she opens our gift!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD#1 (11 yo) has been BEGGING for a iphone for at least a year. I've consistently told her no and meant it. With DH starting his job in January, we decided she has reached the point/age where she could genuinely use a phone so she's getting one. She is going to FLIP because I have steadfastly told her no everytime she asks.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some Tiffany earrings to my dear niece who has had a very hard year. She is in high school and is a total fashionista. She's always wanted something in a "blue box" so I'm really excited to do this for her.

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maylips View Post
    My DS lost his lovey a few months ago and asked Santa to find him and give him back. We couldn't find *him* but we did find another one of these loveys and Santa is writing DS a letter, telling DS he found him, cleaned him up and washed him REALLY well to give him back to DS. I'm super excited about that reaction!
    That is so sweet. My boys LOVE their blankies and I think we'd all be heartbroken if one got lost. Glad Santa found the same one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast