Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    rachelh is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    My daughter had that one in her closet for a few weeks before she started using it. Hopefully she'll come around!~
    We convinced her to keep it by telling her maybe she will get a real guitar for her birthday...hopefully she forgets by then.
    DD1 6/9/06
    DD2 3/19/10

I got Taylor Swift tickets for DD and 2 of her friends and their moms but one of the little girls spilled the beans, so I didn't even get to tell her! Probably for the best because the concert is in 9 months and it's pretty abstract (nothing to wrap.) But I was super excited about that!

DD and DS are each getting a tablet and they're going to be thrilled

I almost forgot, but my brother is going through a nasty divorce and his soon to be ex took everything, including all their pictures. I gathered all the photos I could find of my brother's kids (like a few hundred) and printed them off and put them in a nice photo box. I'm hoping he'll like it and it won't make a weird gift, so I'm excited/anxious about that one.
    Last edited by roobee; 12-21-2014 at 10:31 PM.

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

getting the boys a foosball table -- I am excited because they are not at ALL expecting it -- it is a really nice heavy duty one.

TBH everyone is getting something awesome this year. My dad not AS much -- wish I could come up with something fab for him.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

My dad is big into photographing trains, and has been since a child. He has so many slides and negatives, not to mention tons of super 8 videotape of me and my brother when we were little. I got him a digital converter that will scan all sorts of negatives and movie film and transfer them to a flash drive, memory card or direct to a computer. I'm super excited to give it to him because he's the worst to shop for!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Lots to be excited about this year! My dad paid off my student loans so I'm surprising him with NBA tickets so we can go to a game together. I got my sister a DVD of her favorite childhood movie (drop dead fred) which is out of print and hard to find. And DD is getting baby dolls galore, plus a stroller and bassinet. She's going to be thrilled.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, I think DD and DS will be happy with their Santa gifts. They're getting exactly what they asked for: a hedgehog ornament and a sock monkey, respectively. So they should be pleased.

I wish I could see my nieces open their presents - I made them pillow cases with their favorite animals (one is polar bears and the other is kitties) and sent pajamas to go with (from Gymboree).

If I manage to get the binding on my nephew's quilt, I think that will probably be the most exciting for me to give, but I'm not sure how much he will care about it. He's only 2. It does have red trucks on it, which I think he will like, and doggies, which he will also like.

I wish I had something spectacular for DH! His mom used to wrap up condoms and put them in his Dad's stocking with a note that said, "for later, tee hee." Maybe I'll have to steal that tradition. Tee hee.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

A puppy! Well, we actually don't get to pick her up until January 3, so I'm wrapping up some puppy toys, a collar and a leash for the kids to open Christmas morning. They've been asking for a dog for months and we keep telling them no. I can't wait to see their faces!
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dhano923 View Post
    A puppy! Well, we actually don't get to pick her up until January 3, so I'm wrapping up some puppy toys, a collar and a leash for the kids to open Christmas morning. They've been asking for a dog for months and we keep telling them no. I can't wait to see their faces!
    Nothing can top getting a puppy! What kind? Have they met her yet? You have to tell us how that goes over!

I was most excited about giving DD2 her Tegu blocks for Hanukkah. She loved them so much I had to get a second set to give her for Christmas! Thanks to BBB and gilt.com for the screaming deal I got.

for Sandy Hook

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by roobee View Post
    I almost forgot, but my brother is going through a nasty divorce and his soon to be ex took everything, including all their pictures. I gathered all the photos I could find of my brother's kids (like a few hundred) and printed them off and put them in a nice photo box. I'm hoping he'll like it and it won't make a weird gift, so I'm excited/anxious about that one.
    That is so sweet! I bet he will love it!

I am most excited about my gift for DH, I blew our budget, but got him a Weber grill, something he has wanted forever and really need (our old grill is crumbling).
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am excited to give my husband the Yeti cooler. He has wanted one for probably over 30 years and he is so
    cheap when it comes to himself. He'd rather spend his money on me and the kids. I hope he loves it!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast