kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Does anyone have the 2014 Snap Duo2?

This stroller looks so nice, but being a (new) Valco I can't find many reviews online. I am super interested in the push. I am used to a nice smooth, easy push, and something requiring tons of effort would probably be a deal breaker for me.

The stroller would be for a newborn and a 28 pound, newly turned three-year-old. I would love to be able to use an infant seat with it, but I was hoping to use the B-Safe, and it doesn't look like it takes that. I often put baby right in the stroller with a snuzzler, but seeing as this is a February baby, it would be nice to have the option of a car seat.

The other two strollers I was strongly considering where the City Mini Double GT, or the City Select. So many choices! Our other, one and only, single stroller is the Uppa Cruz. We have had ours since they began producing them, and will def be keeping. Love that thing. It's an elegant workhorse. Just looking for a double to fill in as needed.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Does anyone have the 2014 Snap Duo2?

I have a valco snap duo. Probably 2013. I love it. The seats can recline well or be very upright, so I think better than the cm or britax for older kids. I used mine with a keyfit when the baby was young and the two canopies met perfectly to keep the baby fully covered when I need it too. Helped her sleep actually. My kids are 1 and 3.5 now and it is still great. We just used it while on vacation and did lots of walking. Of course even easier to push without the big kid in it but I have also pushed my 6.5 year old niece and 3 year old and it wasn't bad. It is also light and easy to fold and unfold so easy to get in and out of the car if needed. Finally, it holds my bags well if the kids decide to walk .

ETA: we have owned two other strollers, A BJCM, that lives with my in laws in the UK and a Bee. Once I started using the snap, I have barely touched the Bee and I loved the Bee. I find if the small one is pushed the big one wants to be or my bag wants to be pushed. I do not love the recline of the BJCM when it is fully upright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Philly Mom; 12-29-2014 at 08:52 AM.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm trying to make a similar decision. Though my current kiddo is 4.5. She's only 40" 32lbs and she's a quiet, mellow child, and likes to ride. Plus we live in the city and walk a fair amount. I had no idea what to even look at so this thread is super helpful. I only have a 1st year Indigo, and a 2010 Bob Revo right now... I'm now thinking of the Valco Snap Duo, and the Uppa Cruz. I'm hoping to have a 3rd baby eventually, so hoping this will cover all the bases..
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

I have a Snap Duo that I bought less than a year ago. I do love it, though it lives in my car and don't use it so often.

Few points of likes and dislikes:
    1- the awning is pretty large to cover most of the sun, though mine is the single awning and I'd prefer a double. However, my 2 yr old loves to be able to see the baby and can't do that with a double awning.
    2- the recline is easy to use and is sufficient for newborn with a snuggly. The upright is good as well, but my kids are not particular.
    3- love the buckles!
    4- push is great and light weight. I mainly use it indoors or on paved streets, so i can only speak for that.
    5- Do not love the fold. It is easy to fold and light weight enough to lift into a minivan trunk and pretty slim for a double. However- it folds down to the ground which can be aggravating at times and takes that little bit extra time to bend down and lift- in freezing temps it is not fun. Plus, though it is easy to open, often times while swinging it open (after unlocking) it knocks me in the shins. Maybe I am doing something wrong with that- but my shins so far are not appreciating it!
    6- I also like the look of it and the basket is quite large too.

And about a February baby- Valco sells footmuffs to keep the kids warmer, supposedly. Plus, I've found that a rain cover/storm cover can be helpful for warmth as well.

HTH!