ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Booster shopping...

Hi all,

DS is 6 and currently riding in a Frontier harnessed and DD is almost 2.5 and riding RF in a RA 50.

The RA is expiring in my car in August, but we are headed to Alaska in June and I was thinking about Booster training DS before that so I could take a bubble bum for him.

I was planning on getting him a booster and passing his Frontier down to DD.

The question is what booster and what is a good deal...

He is tiny at 45 inches and 40 pounds, I was thinking a parkway sgl because of the anti-submarining clip.

How much do these go for, I would need 2, what's a good deal?

TIA
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

he is little...i would wait until August to make the switch. you could still do booster training with the bubble bum, so he would be used to it, and then take it on vacation. i'm not really sure what is a good price on the parkway. graco makes the Afix, which is also a latchable HBB. its about $70 regular price at amazon or target.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I would try the bubble bum before making too many plans with it. It did not fit well at all on my kiddo who is near the same stats as yours. Target with coupons is probably the best deal on the Graco HBB, sometimes Walmart or Kmart.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I will try out the Bubble Bum before taking it on vacation with us.

I think that we have settled on the Parkway SGL, now I am just trying to find a bargain between now and our vacation in June.

When do they bring out the new models?

When does BRU have their trade-in event?

I found a model on Amazon that is $99.99, it that about the best I can expect? (I don't care about color, I just want the best deal.)

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Parkway...ax+parkway+sgl

Thanks again
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

That's a good price, I was just having a quick look-see. Trade in starts 1/23, but check to see if your store has PW's at all...all mine has are Turbos/Affixes/Big Kids/Right Fits (which is terrible, by the way, the wings are EPS foam but have nothing to support them, they break if you push on them a little too hard!)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

The seat you linked for $99 is the SG (no latch), not SGL. The best deals I've seen recently are with a kohls card at kohls. Not sure what it would come out to currently but they've been under $100 with a few recent code combos.

Eta: my quick math is the sgl is $99.40 right now. Kohls cash earning is through the 19th so with a tiny filler item you'd get $20 kohls cash.
    Last edited by Snow mom; 01-18-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13