Default Safety Issue with Baby Jogger City Mini

Hi. My wife and I loved the book and its helped us decide what to get for our first new baby.

We got the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Baby Jogger city mini. However, I noticed a huge safety flaw (which I think is legit) but was told by the Baby Jogger company that it wasn't.

In regards to the infant carseat + Adapter, the entire setup is stable. However, if you put any pressure down in at the foot of the infant carseat, the whole seat will pop up.

My concerns directed to the company were two fold:

1. The seat belt release is located at the foot of the car seat.
    2. I believe that the car seat should be stable in all aspects until the release button at the head of the carseat is pushed to unlock it.

I know both products, Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Baby Jogger City Mini, were both very highly rated in the book. That is actually one the principle reasons why my wife and I bought both products.

In my opinion, this safety lapse should be considered. The only reply I got from Baby Jogger was that they were able to replicate the seat popping up but that it was entirely stable since it only pops up when used in a "not" normal manner. Here are some videos I've made to show what the issues are.

Also, this problem only seems to be effecting the Baby Jogger adapter/stroller. There was zero issues of the seat becoming unlocked when I put it in the Chicco Car Base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0liSYV5Bx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M59Jf1tuVUo

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Following
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Isn't there a strap that's supposed to go across the car seat once it's in the adapter? Does that help secure the car seat so that it doesn't pop up when pressure is applied?
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you're not comfortable using the car seat adapter, but want to keep the stroller, I believe the city-mini seat lies flat so newborns can use it.

As an aside, there is some concern about babies spending too much time in infant carriers and potential health concerns. These have mostly come about after my DCs were past that stage, so you might want to search for more info.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree... Babies should not spend a lot of time in a car seat. I would just lay baby in the stroller.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    Isn't there a strap that's supposed to go across the car seat once it's in the adapter? Does that help secure the car seat so that it doesn't pop up when pressure is applied?
    I was thinking you are supposed to use the strap but I haven't had the car seat adapter for my City Mini. I just put baby in the stroller.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast