I feel like I'm going in circles trying to find the "right" stroller for us. When we last found out we were expecting (2 years ago), I looked around at a lot of different ones and went with an InStep Double Safari. I figured it had good reviews and was relatively inexpensive, so it'd work. HUGE mistake. We've had it 18 months, and it's just not holding up. I don't know if the reviews are just from people who use their strollers primarily for malls, or if they just don't use them as often as us, or if we got a defective one, or what. So now we're expecting again, and I wish I'd spent the big money then, but you live and learn, and we're ready to get a GOOD double stroller now, even if it's a lot more expensive...

So here's what I'm looking for:
1) All-terrain, but not necc. for lots of hard-core running.
2) Fits big kids - headspace is most important (not necc. the height of the back, though), weight is secondary, foot space is tertiary, and width is last on the list.
3) Strong, reliable, and will last the long haul, even with daily usage in all sorts of environments (e.g., solid foot rests, kids won't sag, more metal and less plastic, etc.)

I originally had in mind to buy a BOB duallie, but the headspace was awful. Additionally, I didn't like what I've read about the kids sagging towards the middle and the quality going down recently. Then I decided on the BJ summit x3 double, but noone seems to carry one in-store, and I'm hesitant about spending that amount of money on something I can't see first. In particular, it's questionable if it has decent foot space (hard to tell from the pics and without putting a kid in it). I'm also not sold on the cloth foot space - seems like it won't hold up well. So then I started considering Mountain buggy and Valco. I like the metal foot plates and the good reviews, but both of these have relatively low weight limits (40 and 45 lb, respectively) and I can't find much info on the headspace. They don't seem to have the same "cult following" as BOB or BJ, so it's a lot harder to find very detailed information, and (again) the stores in a 100 mile radius don't carry them for us to look at. There's one MB (the Duo) that looks like it *could* be promising, with a 55 lb weight limit and is a bit wider than their Duet (29" vs. 25") which would be good for larger kids (it seems), but it's only available in Europe, according to their site... So it's definitely not possible to try it out and see the headspace for ourselves (and we might not be able to buy it anyway...)

All of them seem like they drive and maneuver pretty well, so I'm not super concerned about that (especially since we don't actually RUN with the kids very often), and I'm also not concerned with accessories like infant car seat adaptors and such, or being able to carry a lot in a storage basket.