Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Tall and light HBB that converts to belted booster?

The Biscuit is 40 inches plus a little and almost 40 pounds. He rides FF in a Radian 120 in my car and in a Frontier 90 in DH's car, obviously harnessed in both.

I need to get a third seat for the back of my convertible and to use for travel/when our sitter picks him up from school. I would prefer a HBB that I can use harnessed now and then use belted in a couple years that will be light and easy to install. The Biscuit is tall and has a long torso, so the taller the better.

I have an old Maxicosi Mico that I can trade in, so bonus points for something I can get from TRU at a decent price after trade in.

Any thoughts? TIA!
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure how it works for tall kids, but I love the maestro for a light seat. We just traveled with ours. It was so light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great response typed hours ago, then my daughter's sleepover began (8 little girls, 7 staying for the night, oy!) Anyway, Maestro is great, Secure Kid becomes a slightly taller booster with adjustable headwings. Nautilus is a little heavier, but also nice if you guys like it. If you are at BRU avoid the Baby Trend Hybrid, it's attractive from a distance, but a super pain to deal with (assemble, install) and super short crotch strap.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#