TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Need to replace car seats - overwhelmed by convertible options. Help!

My nanny's daughter got into an accident in her Pilot about a month ago - no one was hurt, but airbags were deployed so we are getting new car seats.

We're replacing the Frontier 90 with a Frontier G1 for DD1. For DD2 we had a RA55 (and that is what we have in my car too) but it seems like that model has been phased out. Now I'm overwhelmed with choices as to what to replace it with - MA G4? MA click tight? Chicco NextFit? I'm also wondering if I should just move my RA55 to my nanny's car and put the new seat in mine? Only problem is that it is a 2008 A4 with a small backseat. That is why I loved the RA.

Any advice?
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

The Clicktight Marathon is really nice, just as easy to install as the Frontier, so it might be a great choice. It's roughly the same size as your old RA55, so it should work fine. The regular Marathon is basically the same, too, can't go wrong with that if you like the install. (The RA55 and Marathon are the same base and shell, but the headrest moves on the MA).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I have a peg perego primo viaggo and I love it. It's so comfy and cushy and easy to use. I have no clue how it fits in smaller cars though.

http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Con...+primo+viaggio
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    The Clicktight Marathon is really nice, just as easy to install as the Frontier, so it might be a great choice. It's roughly the same size as your old RA55, so it should work fine. The regular Marathon is basically the same, too, can't go wrong with that if you like the install. (The RA55 and Marathon are the same base and shell, but the headrest moves on the MA).
    Thank you SO much for the comparisons to the RA - that helps put the seats in better perspective.

Georgiegirl - appreciate the rec for the Primo Viaggio - always forget it, so will have to check it out.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016