Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default WWYD reasonable returns or just suck it up?

I'm irritated with a couple things we have purchased lately. I feel like I could probably return them, but I don't know if I should return them. I know we've had threads like this before, but what is your take on legitimate reasons for return or do you just chalk it up to bad purchase or poor choice of products. If it makes any difference, money is very tight for us. I can't afford to just go buy more and toss things.

1) Two pack of straws cups from Walmart. These were $8 and before I opened them I actually scoured the internet for reviews and could find none, I think they are brand new by First Years. The issue is they are very hard to drink from and even though they have a chunky straw you can't use them for smoothies which is what I bought them for. Upon realizing that I planned to keep them because the I assumed the design preventing leakage made the air hole too tight to use for smoothies. Then I realized that it pours out POURS out when you turn it over. DS realizes it too so "leak proof" it is definitely not. I think Walmart would return but I don't want to take advantage. I will use them daily and be annoyed every.single.time though.

2) During the 40% shoe clearance at Target I bought the girls each two pairs of these slip-on shoes with sparkles all over them. After one wear, the sparkles are coming off in big chunks. The main issue is that pink sparkles are coming off and beneath it is stark white. I kind of expected to lose the glitter but it looks horrendous. Return or suck it up times 4?

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd definitely return the shoes. The cups are a tougher call -- if both packs are open, my tendency would be to keep but donate asap. If one pack is unopened, absolutely return it.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I'd return the shoes for sure. Not sure about the cups.
    Lele, mom to 3

I would return the shoes. I wouldn't return the cups.

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I would return the shoes. I wouldn't return the cups.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would return the shoes and the cups. The cups leak? Isn't that a product flaw?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by blisstwins View Post
    I would return the shoes and the cups. The cups leak? Isn't that a product flaw?
    I dunno....they only leak when turned over. I just think it's irritating that they made them so hard to drink out of (impossible to use for smoothies) and yet they also aren't leak proof, which I think was the reason for making them so hard to drink out of, ykwim? They don't leak like he sips water and it comes dripping out, but the liquid pours out of the air valve if you turn it over. Which is just going to happen frequently now that he knows that.

ETA: It was a two pack of cups so I discarded the packaging though I do have the receipt....somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I dunno....they only leak when turned over. I just think it's irritating that they made them so hard to drink out of (impossible to use for smoothies) and yet they also aren't leak proof, which I think was the reason for making them so hard to drink out of, ykwim? They don't leak like he sips water and it comes dripping out, but the liquid pours out of the air valve if you turn it over. Which is just going to happen frequently now that he knows that.

ETA: It was a two pack of cups so I discarded the packaging though I do have the receipt....somewhere.
    Did they claim to be leak proof? It so, they are not as described and I would return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd be ok returning both. I returned a water bottle once for that reason and I almost never return things that I've used.

I'd return the shoes. That thought of returning something to Walmart gives me the willies. Are they meant to be baby straw cups, or regular? I don't necessarily think of straw cups as being leakproof.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast