Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks guys. Strangely, I have had very good experience returning at my Walmart....I agree that that seems unusual!

DietCokeLover, it is the pink ones that have flaked off and look bad because it is white underneath. I am wondering if the black ones will do better because it appears that it's black underneath. I don't expect glitter to be concrete-strong by any means, it's just the white/pink contrast that makes it look bad. They really liked those shoes too!

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it's very reasonable to return the shoes. They should definitely last longer than they did.

For the cups, I think it depends if they were advertised as leak-proof. If they weren't, and you just thought they would be, I'd keep them. If they're supposed to be leak-proof, I'd contact the manufacturer first, assuming you can find a good/easy contact #/email address.

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd return both. Walmart returns are not a big deal here so it wouldn't bother me at all. I've never returned an item without it's packaging though, so I'm not sure if that would be an issue.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    I'd definitely return the shoes. The cups are a tougher call -- if both packs are open, my tendency would be to keep but donate asap. If one pack is unopened, absolutely return it.
    K

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think returning both would be reasonable under these circumstances.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Definitely return the shoes. I wouldn't return the cups because then I'd have to go to Walmart and wait in the return line...not worth the money. But I would return them if I bought them at target.
    This is the only reason I wouldn't return the cups. Returns at Walmart take way too long and my time is worth more than that $8 would be. I'd throw away the top and use the bottom as a pencil holder or something.
    Kris

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would return both.

And FWIW, on a recent trip to Target I saw some other person returning sparkly shoes for the same reason, so you are not alone!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks all. I looked up the sippys, they were advertised as spillproof. I went ahead and returned everything. Two managers were standing there at Target and they were both really nice and one said, "I would have returned these too!" (about the shoes) at Walmart (for the cups), I did have to wait about 15 minutes but still worth it for us. They were totally fine with the return and didn't remotely question it. This is really a reminder for me that it's worth it to find reviews, even for small items. The reviews on both of these are awful!
    Shoes
    Cups

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm glad you returned the cups to Wal-Mart, just because I hate the idea of them having your money while you had a product you weren't satisfied with. Making returns a pain is probably part of their policy, just so people will be less likely to do it.

Although...pp who saw people returning food....that's the strangest thing I've heard! I had no idea people did that!
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    I'd definitely return the shoes. The cups are a tougher call -- if both packs are open, my tendency would be to keep but donate asap. If one pack is unopened, absolutely return it.
    Definitely return the shoes. The cups I don't know that I would return to the store but I would definitely be writing the company, perhaps attaching a photo or video of the issue. You might be surprised and get a refund from them. I've done this several times (most recently with a zip binder for DS1 that ripped after a month of school use. Company asked for a photo and issued a check).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast