Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone - I definitely see the points about both and it's true that I am dying for her to play more independently. For some reason lately she just doesn't. Plus it would seem the nap is really on the way out so I'm just going to go cry now (what will I do when I'm huge and want to sleeeeeeeeeeep? hahahahaha)

I do like the idea too that the kitchen can go with the tea sets, cutting fruit, pizza and ice cream toys she's already been given! And yes Mmommy - she loves to bake with me when I can let her join in and it's a huge mess so her own pretend to go along might go a long way!

Thanks!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What gets my DD1 lost in her own little world for a long time is her dollhouse and figurines. The dollhouse is like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Barbie-...-/221678603861
    and I bought a bunch of Frozen, Doc McStuffins, Sophia the First, and Disney princess figures. She gets this zone where she is playing and talking to herself and very imaginative.

It might be her - my family are all big daydreamers and she does the same thing in the car with her dolls - but thought I would share because this buys me the most time by far!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks Flash - she was given a little Melissa and Doug one by her grandmother this Christmas (http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-F...doug+dollhouse) and though she likes it she's not as into it as your girl it would seem. She's done a good job playing in her crib with friends for rest but it seems if I'm around she wants me to do everything with her. I'm imagining lots of couch time while she makes me treats In fact, I actually found the Hape kitchen for $45 off plus Ebates on Amazon this morning and ordered it ($85 delivered plus cash back! WHA???!!!)! Happy dance!

In the meantime I'll try to get her into the dollhouse more too
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you are getting pretty close to independent play time! I'm not sure when my daughter started, but I think around 24-30 months. My house looks like a preschool exploded, which I do not like, but having lots of options has been a great thing for us, in terms of getting some time to myself.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

huge fan of a kitchen
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2