Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisysmom View Post
    This is the problem - but I read the analogy if op pedaling an ultralight bike,when people pay $6000 to have a bike weigh 10 lbs, and then someone says 'would you pay that for a 20 lb bike' and everyone agrees not, the lightest bikes are much better. And I think of how happy my knees, and my back, would be to have the 10-20 lbs off them. How happy the cancer cells in my breasts and ovaries that seem to now scientifically be triggered by obesity - how happy they would be if I were at a lean weight. How happy my heart would be, how happy my brain would be now that Alzheimer's is called the 3 diabetes. Every part of our bodies would be better off without the 15 extra lbs. but I can't figure out what I really have to do.
    I was with you until I read this post. I am 45 years old and definitely in perimenopause. I am experiencing some of the same issues as everyone, but I disagree that obesity/overweight is the *cause*. It is a symptom like anything else. Read "Grain Brain" by David Perlmutter if you want the real cause of Alzheimer's. And all types of cancers are fed by sugar. In my 40's I have lost almost 100 lbs. by following a no-sugar, low carbohydrate diet. To lose weight, I do need to restrict calories which younger people on low carb diets may not need to worry about as much. But I am sticking to this diet for the rest of my life to try and avoid many of the ills of middle-age, regardless of weight.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I didn't mean that obesity or being overweight is the cause of perimenapause. I guess I agree that it is a symptom of the high sugar epidemic too. I read Grain Brain a few years ago, as well as Wheat Belly. Fact is, for me to lose any weight now, I feel like I need to be religious and cut it all out. In my 30s, it was just so much easier to lose weight.
    I just found out this weekend that my mother has diabetes. This was after she lost a lot if weight in her Late 60s. I think I got the wake up call that if I want to enjoy my next 20 years, I need to do something and get this weight off now. I agree that being overweight isn't the cause of a lot of things, but it is linked to heart disease and a lot of cancers too. Whether something else is the cause, I am not sure. But the association troubles me. I lost my aunt to breast cancer and a cousin too and neither were overweight at all, so I know it isn't determinative. But as someone who is overweight, I want fewer risk factors.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Has anyone else noticed that their emotions are all over the place along with their hormones? I'm pretty sure, based on timing of my last period that I'm ovulating and I'm feeling very "edgy." I'm getting angry and impatient so quickly and I spent all evening irritated at everyone and I'm not sure why. Of all the perimenopause symptoms, I think I like this least.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that their emotions are all over the place along with their hormones? I'm pretty sure, based on timing of my last period that I'm ovulating and I'm feeling very "edgy." I'm getting angry and impatient so quickly and I spent all evening irritated at everyone and I'm not sure why. Of all the perimenopause symptoms, I think I like this least.
    Yes, I feel that way all the time!! There was a BBB thread about Emerita Pro-Gest Cream... it has made a world of difference for my family and me! Amazing stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/Emerita-Pro-Ge...erita+pro-gest

Interesting, & here I thought the emotion roller coaster was from the stress from my job search. Ughh, I've been counting on it going away once this is all resolved!

Subbing b/c I am right there with you (43 next week)! I inadventently gained 10 lbs last year and I'm so annoyed at myself, b/c I'm really struggling to take them off. I feel like I've struggled ever since DD was born, it was much easier to lose the weight after DS.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2