Mali is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default BJCMGT vs Uppa g-luxe or MB Nano

I can't believe I'm considering this, but I think I may try to convince DH we need another stroller. Or sell ours to buy a different one.

We have a BJCMGT and it's great, but it's huge and I think we've used it less than 50 times in the 2 years we've had it. DD (25m next week) is still totally happy being carried in our Tula and, while I thought I'd be walking around town a lot more, I'm not and when I do the stroller is a tight fit through most stores/restaurants (more mom & pop than chain so less space inside) and gets in the way unless I try to fold it and have the handlebar on the ground (ick). So I rarely use it because it's more inconvenient than just tossing her in the carrier and going.

However, we're about to be going on a 4d trip to WDW and then a 7d cruise on the Oasis (giant ship of doom!) and as much as I love my Tula, I don't know that I really want to be carrying DD all the time in the heat/humidity. Plus she's easily able to (and does) climb out of her pack n play (and crib before we dropped the mattress to the floor) so I'm worried that we might need/want a stroller with us so that she can ride when she's tired or slow (she loves riding in strollers too) and that might be useful for doing laps around the ship at naptime to get her to fall asleep (versus having to fight her about staying in the pack n play until she falls asleep).

My girlfriend has a g-luxe and loves it. Both she and her husband are tall (so are we - I'm 6') and they have no issues with it or pushing around their 100%ile son who's a couple weeks older than our DD. Plus I've seen how much more maneuverable it is in our local shops/restaurants. So that's one option.

I saw some other people recommending the MB Nano which looks AMAZING for the ability to carry it onto planes (I have zero desire to check a stroller so the airlines can destroy it). It seems like it would be a great option, especially with our upcoming travel, but I haven't seen it in person to know if it would really be a stroller we would use or if it would turn into "furniture" like our BJCMGT has.

Any thoughts/suggestions/other recommendations? Even if I don't get either of the two strollers, I'd still end up buying a cheap umbrella to use on the cruise at minimum (we'll be renting a car to drive from WDW to Ft. Lauderdale so it will be easy enough to get to a store).

We only have the one DD and have not currently decided if we want to try to have a second DC if that would affect your recs.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For similar reasons, my family sold their B-Ready -- it was very well built but wouldn't fit in most of the places they wanted to go. At BBB suggestion, I bought them an Uppa G-Lite (cheaper version of the G-Luxe). They have used it constantly for several years and it's held up very well. Easy to maneuver and fold, and MUCH lighter than the B-Ready! They still use it when they want a stroller for DGD2 (who is now 3.75 but off-the-charts tiny).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk