Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP, maybe try Ecover tabs or BioKleen powder to see how that does in your dishwasher. The Ecover tablets especially work as well as the more conventional products, at least for me.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    ITA...I use natural versions of almost everything but after experimenting have gone back to mainstream stuff for dishwasher detergent, dish washing soap, and glass cleaner. I just don't like the performance of natural versions of those.
    Same here. I get the Oxi Clean dish soap. I thought our dishwasher was a piece of junk, but my mom has the same one and she loves it - when I switched detergents it made a huge difference.
    DS age 9

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

yes we were told only to use cascade complete.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we use 7th gen liquid and its been fine. the powder left a mess on the dishes.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I've had bad experiences when I've used anything except Cascade, so I keep coming back to it. Even the store brand versions don't seem to work as well in my experience.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks, guys. I'm surprised the brand makes such a difference. We will try the above recommended products. We do have hard water.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have Harding water and use finish tabs and the lemishine powder - only thing that's worked well for us.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Another fan of Cascade Complete here. No need for added rinse aid. I use natural products for everything else but this works best for dishwasher.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I've had bad experiences when I've used anything except Cascade, so I keep coming back to it. Even the store brand versions don't seem to work as well in my experience.
    I agree. I was surprised the Kirkland version didn't work nearly as well as the Cascade Complete.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Soap totally matters. We had some old 7th Generation laying around when I ran out of my Finish and it was terrible. Had I started using our new dishwasher with it vs the Finish, I'd have told you the dishwasher (Bosch) was a dud. The right soap makes all the difference. Costco had a huge deal on the Finish a few months back and I stocked up. Like others, I really prefer natural products- I use vinegar, castille soap and other things almost all the time- but I really like my dishes to be clean.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast