Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    We have Harding water and use finish tabs and the lemishine powder - only thing that's worked well for us.
    This what my mom uses too and she has really hard water. She thanks the BBB for the LemiShine rec. (as I bought her a bottle based on the recs. from here).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Seventh Gen doesn't work well in our dishwasher but Ecover tabs work really well.

We have hard water and I love the ecover tablets.

We used Ecover in our Bosch with no issues. (We use Cascade now because it's easier to find). I think Finish has cut a marketing deal with companies and that's why it's recommended. Not saying it's not a good product, just saying the appliance makers are probably benefitting. I don't like any 7th Gen products. They're expensive, and don't do the job IME.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Another who really wanted to like any of the more natural ones and gave up and uses Finish or Cascade.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    We used Ecover in our Bosch with no issues. (We use Cascade now because it's easier to find). I think Finish has cut a marketing deal with companies and that's why it's recommended. Not saying it's not a good product, just saying the appliance makers are probably benefitting. I don't like any 7th Gen products. They're expensive, and don't do the job IME.
    Finish is also top rated by consumer reports I believe. In general, the tablets products work better partially because now that phosphates are banned, the detergent also rely on enzymes to clean, and those are denatured by moisture, so the individually wrapped tablets that stay dry work better. We used to use cascade powder but the finish tabs work much better for us (haven't used the cascade tabs)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For those who use the Finish tabs, are you using the Finish All-in-One Powerball http://www.finishdishwashing.com/pro...-fresh-scent/? It seems like that one has been around a while. They also have what appears to be a newer one called Finish Quantum http://www.finishdishwashing.com/pro...quantum-fresh/ which sounds like it should be even better. We have extremely hard water and want to try something new. I am using an eco-friendly brand and its not cutting it anymore. If we don't prewash all our dishes in the sink they stay dirty, basically. I have tried Cascade gel and that tends to leave a powdery finish on the dishes.

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Two questions - how do you use the Finish tabs and lemishine at the same time? They are both supposed to go I to the same area of the dishwasher (or you put the detergent directly into the dishwasher). Also, do you still use a rinse aid with the Finish tabs? A PP made it seem like one wasn't needed.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I do not add a rinse aid with my finish tabs
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
    OP, maybe try Ecover tabs or BioKleen powder to see how that does in your dishwasher. The Ecover tablets especially work as well as the more conventional products, at least for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Seventh Gen doesn't work well in our dishwasher but Ecover tabs work really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by teresah00 View Post
    We have hard water and I love the ecover tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    We used Ecover in our Bosch with no issues.
    We have hard water and have been using Ecover tablets for years with no issues. We also have a Bosch dishwasher, but used the Ecover tabs with our Kitchenaid that we had before as well. I think the Ecover tabs work just as well as Cascade, etc and they too are individually wrapped.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast