Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default PSA about Eczema and O'Keefe's

My hands have been extra bad this winter so I bought some O'Keefe's for Working Hands. I started using it Saturday and the bad (as in scaly and bleeding) spots of eczema on one of my hands/wrist are healing and much, much less noticeable! It stung quite a bit the first time which it does indicate (and there's boric acid in it) but not again and overall my hands are in much better shape and it even seems to be working on my eczema. Just wanted to share
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love that stuff for my dry over-washed (I work in the hospital) hands.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the review! I saw the commercial and was thinking of getting it; I will definitely get it now.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We've been using O'Keefe's all over DD's body for eczema this winter. It is AWESOME. Dh and I don't have eczema but we do have very cracked hands and fingers, and this is the best. We have 3 tubs around the house.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Yes! I posted a question a few weeks ago about eczema and OKeefes was recommended. Works wonders here too!

It has been a complete lifesaver for me this winter. This is the first winter that i can remember that I haven't had cracked, bleeding hands. I use it on Dd as well.

For those of you with kids with eczema, I might have a solution. I was at the dentist a few weeks ago talking to the receptionist about DD's hands. The dentist's husband popped out of her office and said that his daughter had horrid eczema as a baby. They took her to a dermatologist as a last ditch effort in a town 3 hours away. Ironically, i went to this same derm when i lived there. He was a complete and total j@ck@$$, but he is a miracle worker. I had horrible cystic acne, and he cleared me up topically (i was nursing and couldn't twke any orals). He said to never EVER use soap on a child with eczema. Once daily, do a bath soak with 1/2 C baking soda, 1/2 C iodized sea salt (i haven't been able to find this yet, but have used both iodized and sea salt), and a capful of Robathol. It is a cottonseed oil. DH's pharmacy used to carry it, probably because so many people in the area used to use it because of this Dr. I can't find it locally, but Walgreens can order it for you, or you can find it on amazon. I have been soaking my hands in the water while DD soaks and i can't tell you what a difference it has made. Her dry spots are completely gone.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the recommendation! I bought some about an hour ago, and I really like it. It must be popular, because I bought the last package. DS2 has several eczema patches so we're hoping this clears it up.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You guys sure know how to fire up my amazon prime account! Just ordered some!

So it's supposed to burn? I bought it locally to try it and threw it away after 1 application. My hands were on fire!!! I thought I had a reaction to something in it and I washed it off right away.

I like "No Crack" cream - I put it on at night and it's really thick.

I've also found that Argan oil works well on my face for dryness in the winter and colloidal silver cream works for healing cracks. You can get all on Amazon.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005